Sign in to follow this  
PlainoMaverick

1998 MA 18.5 with 98 Yamaha VMAX 175

I'm curious to know if anyone has the same setup and what props they are running.

I have a 98 MA 18.5 with a 98 VMAX 175 and a Atlas 4" jack plate. I currently have a 3 blade 19 pitch which has amazing hole shot but only runs about 52 or 53 WOT with light load. With 2 people and loaded it runs about 50 WOT. I think it should run mid 50's with a light load and low 50's loaded up. I'm considering a 4 blade Powertech 19 pitch but wanted to get some input before I make the leap.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all.  I need to check my prop size, but I run a 150 VMax OX66 and I'm easily getting 54 mph at 5500 RPM.  I think that's pretty standard.  I'd expect you'd get into the 60 range with a 175.  Mitz had a 175 and I think he was seeing those numbers.

i saw 58.5 once w a 22 pitch turbo 2+2 OT. 22/23 pitch 3 blade i feel i would have hit 60 but that was before i moved the batts forward, added a house batt, powerpole, etc etc. have seen 56.5 w the turbo ultima 4 21 pitch. my buddy owns the boat now and never got a chance to run the 2+2 OT which i think would be a better prop on the jackplate.

the ultima will be close to the powertech PTC4 if i were to guess and the 2+2 OT like the powertech TRO4

you might be able to find the turbos on eBay. 2+2 OT for dirt cheap on hull truth a month or two ago

• Like 1