Transducer placement

RedfishRippn

I had a transom mount transducer mounted on my 2016 18hpxv and it was causing performance issues. First of all it would not read while on plane and also created a lot of drag. It would actually shoot up water in the air while running. I have since removed it and have actually gained close to 2 mph. I was wondering if anyone else has similar issues with their transducers? If not please post a picture of your installation. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Marshfly said:

There is a spot in the bilge to glue a shoot through down that doesn't have any core material. Put one there. Picks up fine a high speed and no worry about how its mounted. I went with an Airmar P79.

is this spot in the manual or can you send me a pic of it?

This is the aft port corner of the livewell. There is a depression in the core there. The transducer is the round thing under the livewell fitting in the center of the picture. What I like about the P75/79 is that the silicone mounting gives you a lot of leeway in not having a perfectly flat surface to mount to since you can just make a thick bead to set the mount in.

IMG_3488.JPG

Archived