Drill a hole in the bottom of the Yeti???

LarryH

Thinking about a hole in the bottom of my Yeti 35 to mount it on the bow using the bass seat deck plate and a bolt through the cooler w/ rubber washer. 

Great idea? A clean and simple attachment with no additional hardware on the bow deck. 

Or...horrible idea! You've just ruined a 300 dollar cooler. 

I guess the question is how disposable is 3 bills. If you are sure of the placement and the fact that you spent 300 to add a permanent  fixture to the boat it is not a bad idea at all. No different than spending money on Electronics and not getting it back later when you sell the boat

1 hour ago, FunFlatsFishing said:

Larry is your logo the Gunner Kennel logo?  You could mount one of those up there too lol

Indeed it is. Best kennel on the market. 

Funny, but one hunting buddy called my Gunner Kennel "the Yeti of dog kennels" 

IMG_1931.JPG

On 3/16/2017 at 10:36 PM, LarryH said:

Thinking about a hole in the bottom of my Yeti 35 to mount it on the bow using the bass seat deck plate and a bolt through the cooler w/ rubber washer. 

Great idea? A clean and simple attachment with no additional hardware on the bow deck. 

Or...horrible idea! You've just ruined a 300 dollar cooler. 

I mounted my 65 up front and use it for cooler, seat, lean against it when up front with trolling motor, etc. I have found it to be a very convenient accessory. I mounted mine by putting two 5/8" carriage bolts through the deck sealed with marine silicone, then  drilling and tapping  the middle of them to 1/4" and made two aluminum straps which lock down in the recessed area on side of cooler and then down to carriage bolts using two small stainless bolts with thumb screw heads. It's easily removed in two minutes. I didn't think about the bass seat deck plate....but I wouldn't hesitate to drill it for the usefulness of cooler on the deck. Put some silicone adhesive on cooler around plate and hardware and it won't leak. Or...you can always go with 5200. 

If you blow the second pic up, you can see the aluminum straps on the side of cooler. 

IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_3372.JPG

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2018 at 12:29 AM, cadd said:

Where did you buy the "seadek"\foam for the top?  Looking at getting RTIC 45 to replace the beat up 72 igloo 

Travis 

I have used both Aqua Traction and SeaDek brands .... both are very good....just like Yeti and RTIC....JJ

Archived