FFT X - July 16, 2011

[color:blue]It's time to Save the Date for the next FFT.

FFT X will be on July 16, 2011 at Flamingo in Everglades National Park.

Sign up is now taking place on the FS forum South General info page. Be sure to give your team name, whether you are fishing as a pro or Amateur, and if you are buying a t-shirt, your shirt sizes.

http://www.fftseries.com

[/color]

• 3 weeks later...

All the Flamingo anglers on here and nobody's in except Rainer and Mike??

You guys don't know what you're missing---free seafood and beer at the Captain's meeting, a great day of challenging but rewarding fishing, and then free food and beer at the weigh-in----plus everyone leaves with a raffle prize just for showing up to the weigh in. Not to mention meeting plenty of other Flamingo anglers, me included!

We're looking forward to it!

There's someone on the forum that just moved to Miami from Stuart. He runs an ice blue 17V w/90 two stroke, jack plate, and the platform in front of the engine. Cool guy, we've run into him solo a few times, and with his wife a few weeks ago. Anybody know who he is?

He's also talked to Benny.

I'm not clear how to interpret this.

First it says:

[color:blue](1) No person shall take, kill, or possess any tarpon, unless such person has purchased a tarpon tag and securely attached it through the lower jaw of the fish.

[/color]

then says:

[color:blue](3) Subsection (1) shall not apply to anyone who immediately returns a tarpon uninjured to the water at the place where the fish was caught.[/color]

According to the first paragraph, we shouldn't remove the Tarpon from the water. To do so and take a picture we need a tag??

By the 2nd paragraph, we would be able to do so.

:confused: :confused: }:|

Another question, Since Snook season is closed, is it legal to net it and bring it on board for a picture?

I understand we can't do that, with other fish like Goliath Groupers.

Last question, am I disqualified for asking all these? :content: }:|

I'm not clear how to interpret this.

First it says:

[color:blue](1) No person shall take, kill, or possess any tarpon, unless such person has purchased a tarpon tag and securely attached it through the lower jaw of the fish.

[/color]

then says:

[color:blue](3) Subsection (1) shall not apply to anyone who immediately returns a tarpon uninjured to the water at the place where the fish was caught.[/color]

According to the first paragraph, we shouldn't remove the Tarpon from the water. To do so and take a picture we need a tag??

By the 2nd paragraph, we would be able to do so.

:confused: :confused: }:|

Another question, Since Snook season is closed, is it legal to net it and bring it on board for a picture?

I understand we can't do that, with other fish like Goliath Groupers.

Last question, am I disqualified for asking all these? :content: }:|

Perfectly valid question and I wish more people would ask it. The reason your logic doesn't make any sense is because you're reading a "phantom definition" of the word "posess" into paragraph one. Taking a fish out of the water is not possession, and the "internet rule" flaoting around that FWC is ticketing people for removing tarpon from the water is ridiculous. I even heard Rick Murphy mention it the other night on the fishing report.

There's no law against removing a tarpon from the water, unhooking it, and releasing back into the water uninjured.

Your point about short/overslot snook, redfish, etc. being photographed is the EXACT example I always use to point out how silly the notion of not neing able to take a fish out of the water is and Imentioned it on FS the other day.

Archived