Boattronics

The death.... and resurrection of my Dreamboat.

Lots lots lots lots of work!  I can't wait to see the finished product!  It will truly be a one of a kind Pathfinder.  Keep the pictures comin'.   

Good thread Tony. I know I am getting old when the stringers and fuel tank pics captivate me more than the bikinis.:D

• Like 1

Just 2 questions for those more knowledgeable 

years ago when my son was into car audio his mustang had 2 Jl 12" subs and other mids and tweeters close to 3000 w. Even with a secondary battery his headlights would dim when the base hit so off to the local alternator shop for a rewind and big boost in output. So my question is even with multiple batteries how is the big thump going to affect the motor as its output will not be close to the needs of the  12's also how is the jl12 going to perform in an open environment or are they getting a custom box. Looking forward to the full setup 

Next I understand the forward position of the batteries but that location in the bilge holds water if not raised on the trailer,especially in the TE. Will you place some vertical walls to isolate this area from the bilge

Looks like your doing it right.  Love the new color. It will look real sick with that seadek too.

Unfortunalty, the unprotected aluminum tanks of this vintage are all gonna have this fuel tank problem in upcoming years.  It's what kept me on search of a 22'er (with poly tanks) rather than 24...as you can see there is no easy way to replace em.

Microphone checkThank you all so much for the very kind words!

QUESTION!

Have any of you all ever powdercoated your cleats or tab plates? I suppose I could get them coated again in a year or so if it wears off. I want absolutely every piece on the entire boat to match.

I've got all the boats metals ready to get blasted and coated with the ttop, new leaning post, tower and casting deck.

20170312_115342_zpssbsmpz2c.jpg

Delete this Message

To delete this message, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Message' button.
Deletion Options
 Do Not Delete Message
 Delete Message
Reason for Deletion: 

This forum is working weird on my phone, or maybe I just havnt figured it out yet.

To answer replies, voltage drop, is my life.

With a sufficient supply, there should never be a drop. Long days at the sand bar are what inspired me to create a custom supply that uses all three trolley batteries and takes them out of 36v series and into 12v parrelel when needed, providing over 300 amp hours.

JargIn excluded, it keeps an insane stereo system akin to a high quality live show going for longer than anyone can dance lol.

When you get a second, could you put a tape measure on the gunnnel by one of those mate series? I'm putting some round ones on front deck and would love to put some in the gunnel but man it's got to be TIGHT. I'm wondering if your 24' might have lil wider gunnels than the 22... I put the regular rod holders in mine and it was tight...

Thanks yall...

I remember my gunnel measurements, they are about 7 inches wide at the top.

I made a template and the edge was about 1/4 inch away. Give yourself a little wiggle room... I used a slightly larger hole saw that still fell inside the hole pattern for an eyeball adjustment.

The foam on the wall was in the way... I used a cat paw to make short work of that. It is a very close fit but I believe yours are about the same width. 

Awesome post.  I followed both your Redfisher build and the first Pathfinder rebuild.  One day, the wiring in my console will look like that.  

Would your charging system work with a 90hp with a stator charger instead of an alternator? 

Thanks guys. Charger would work as long as your stator reaches 13.6 volts.

The pucks are done. Mine is black, all the others we did are white.

20170314_094159_zpsnqtxsnoz.jpg

Got the primer sanded.... I did almost the entire hull in one sitting! Talk about brutal, my elbows hurt just thinking about it.

20170313_221400_zpsq8bgejes.jpg

Motor prep underway.... she's gonna be matching Kingston grey.

20170315_123002_zpsi24zj9ya.jpg

Mocking up the new plate for a 10" wireless display in the tower, will be able to control all systems in the boat, even lighting, etc, and steer the gas motor from.

20170315_122455_zpsnycvrwmh.jpg

And next ladies and gentlemen, I'm about to show you something amazing....

What you are looking at is the first successful attempt on a true glass panel style installation by a custom shop in ne florida!

20170315_114422_zpsbjetuy6o.jpg

She's going to break hearts!

20170315_114305_zps0rwcxsdq.jpg

• Like 3

DDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Man, that glass panel is gonna be NICE!!!

Looked at a Ranger at the Charleston boat show and one of the features I liked were  circulating  fans for the bilge area. Might be a nice addition especially  for the battery  box . With humidity and the batteries  combined some fresh air would help  keep contacts clean. It will take a well made hatch to keep it dry  with the  foot  traffic.