HEWES LT 20' etec 250 HO

FURY

Welcome to the forum!!!

What a screamer.

Nice and clean looking rig.

Squid will be drooooling over that machine. :content:

Your not worried about transom stress from an over sized motor?

Have you had transom modifications done?

Or should I be asking,

what is your current USCG motor rating?

USCG 200hp but I’m not in USA :P , yes I was a little worried about transom stress but the 250 only weight 80 pounds more than the 200hp the year of my LT is 94 i bought it used in the USA and a did a little restoration of it.

I had to redo ALL the electrical change everything, paint the center console, paint the bottom paint (when i bought had black Anti-fouling :crazy: ) take out the tank change fuel lines, cover all the old holes of the screw hinges new screws it was not BIG restoration but works

1306174121-IMG00372-20100507-1727.jpg.5c

1306174089-IMG00363-20100505-0920.jpg.ed

The draft empty is 10', I recently take out the pole platform, with ALL my equipment and the cooler with FULL ice 11', it take off in 1 ½ boat length it plans at 18 mph I used to use a Cyclone prop 14 ¼ x 21 also 4 blade but I prefer the Power tech prop

1306175230-IMG00311-20101014-0905.jpg.c6

if yammachopper ever dies, and i decide to go new, (highly unlikely).. i would have to take a hard look at the etecs... i've heard them to be pretty reliable in the lower hp ranges, and about the only thing out there that wouldn't add over 100lbs to the stern of my boat.....

besides, i love 2-strokes.

have you had any issues with that 250HO? not like it's having to push a big old heavy offshore boat or anything! :)

if yammachopper ever dies, and i decide to go new, (highly unlikely).. i would have to take a hard look at the etecs... i've heard them to be pretty reliable in the lower hp ranges, and about the only thing out there that wouldn't add over 100lbs to the stern of my boat.....

besides, i love 2-strokes.

have you had any issues with that 250HO? not like it's having to push a big old heavy offshore boat or anything! :)

500 hours 2 years old CERO issues!! I can put almost any fuel that it burns it!!

HOLY LT20..... Thats is one good looking boat. One day i will repower mine with something nasty like that... With 11mpg that must be nice too.. My truck dont get much more mpg than that.

Not to take anything away from this super-sweet rig, but check your math. That'd be 4 mpg, not 11.

If it got 11 I'd sell my truck, hang a 250 on my LT and drive my boat everywhere!

This boat rocks! Gotta be a blast of a ride.

-T

Isn't that kinda hot? Our 200s all run around 123-131.

well it was a full throttle and it was a HOT day air temp 36 Celsius or 97F water was 28 Celsius or 82F but yes these engine run hotter than any other engine I saw :confused:

HOLY LT20..... Thats is one good looking boat. One day i will repower mine with something nasty like that... With 11mpg that must be nice too.. My truck dont get much more mpg than that.

Not to take anything away from this super-sweet rig, but check your math. That'd be 4 mpg, not 11.

If it got 11 I'd sell my truck, hang a 250 on my LT and drive my boat everywhere!

This boat rocks! Gotta be a blast of a ride.

-T

jajjja I will do it to, I say it burn 11GPH (gallons per hour) not MPG (miles per gallon) but yes it give me between 3.8 to 4 MPG :content:

Archived