99 Hewes LT 18

Praise Him

Yes on the 150, I was hunting for a M/A when I found the Hewes at Family Boating Center in Tampa (Good Folks). It was crazy clean from a lake in Texas. Galv. Trailer looks as if it has never seen salt; of course until now it takes a salt water bath weekly.

The poling platform was added by BT Customs in Titusville. Good folks to work with and they made it stout. Probably going to violate some MBC code but the thing that looks like a light is a ski rope connection. Yep it is on tight and well thru-bolted. Conditional item with my boys. I troll with them.... :laugh:

I am still tweaking this boat as I down sized from a 2300 Ranger and I am trying to keep it fishable but comfortable.

It is a beach, close reef, ICW, flats fishing machine.....

I looked for a long time before deciding, however, when I discoverd the LT, that was it. It's the first MBC product I've owned, and after comparing boat models for about a year before pulling the trigger, just had to have it. Storage and large livewells! The 80# IPilot will just about make my day.

• 3 weeks later...

We have almost the same boat, man. I have a LT 18 with a 150 V-Max on mine. My platform seems to be a bit taller, though. I am in the process of slowly refurbising mine. Working on removing the powder coating now off the platform so I can have a polished aluminum look. I love this boat as well. I need to post pics up too.

Archived