Thoughts on stickers...

LarryH

You can definately remove the Yamaha Powermatched decal. Is does nothing for you as a consumer;) ...and if you try really hard and remember a spinning prop is dangerous and don't put your mouth over the exhaust while the engine is running (even if the prop isn't spinning) you can remove the rest I guess. 

I took mine off.  The ones that amaze me are the boats loaded up with Yeti, Costa, Power Pole, etc. stickers.  Folks spend $100s if not $1000s on things and then advertise them for free.  The only stickers I have are for the Snook and Gamefish Foundation and the I-Angler ap, because I believe in and support them.

12 hours ago, jason p said:

You can definately remove the Yamaha Powermatched decal. Is does nothing for you as a consumer;) ...and if you try really hard and remember a spinning prop is dangerous and don't put your mouth over the exhaust while the engine is running (even if the prop isn't spinning) you can remove the rest I guess. 

Larry - if you do remove those stickers, can you send them to me?  I'm CONSTANTLY putting my mouth over the exhaust and testing prop sharpness at high RPMs and could use a few reminders to spend my time otherwise.  These will fit nicely between my Salt Life, Yeti, TFO, and North American Fishing Club stickers.  

Anyone know the best way to affix a bumper sticker to a poling platform? ;)

I hate em.  Only ones on my boat are Pathfinder and my IAFF sticker and soon boat name cause wife makes me do that.  

Good friend of mine is a car dealer.   Every time I buy from him I tell him don't put your stupid dealer sticker on my truck unless you wanna pay sponsor money.  He says the full tank of fuel constitutes sponsorship. Fair enough...I end up peeling em off first time I fill up.

Weird thing is for some reason I think engines wit no stickers look bad. 

I know it sounds silly to have a sticker indicating that you should not inhale the exhaust. Every one of those warning decals was born in blood. Last summer two young men died in Screven County Ga. While pulling a knee board the rope got fouled in the prop. two of the three young men went to get the rope free but did not shut the motor off. They were both overcome by the vapor and went down. Sad to say people are not as aware of the hazards around boats.

23 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Larry - if you do remove those stickers, can you send them to me?  I'm CONSTANTLY putting my mouth over the exhaust and testing prop sharpness at high RPMs and could use a few reminders to spend my time otherwise.  These will fit nicely between my Salt Life, Yeti, TFO, and North American Fishing Club stickers.  

Anyone know the best way to affix a bumper sticker to a poling platform? ;)

YES!!!!!, 5200 :D, fin

2 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

YES - I hadn't thought of that!  I think I'll rivet them on, too, just in case.  Wouldn't want anyone to think I wasn't ALL IN when it came to being Salt Life!

may want to put some plexi over them so they don't weather, just an idea sup.

14 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Nah - will just go put some epoxy over it.  

HATE when owners put their boats name on everything!!!!! 

f6.JPG

f5.JPG

f4.JPG

f3.JPG

f2.JPG

f1.JPG even tried having wife tat name on her ---------, resounding NO. May she rest in peace.

What is OCD, don.t have it, just a proud owner of a great boat!!!!!!

-

• 2 weeks later...

I removed them. I left the manufacturer stickers (Atlas, Lenco, Powerpole blade, Minkota, etc). I left the coast guard capacity sticker. And of course I left all the Hewes & Redfisher stickers. I also left all the Yamaha graphics on the cowl, except the low emissions sticker that looked out of place. And that one was a bear to remove w/o fubar the black paint. 

Archived