Installing Gemlux duck bills in an '03 2200 Pathfinder

Mik

A friend of mine showed me his new "duck bill" system installed in his drains that he installed in his center console boat.  He had water coming into the boat when launching it and when too many folks were on one side of the boat.  

I'm going to install them on my boat and was curious if anyone has done this before on a 2200 pathfinder.  Anything i need to know before going ahead?  

If you are scratching your head as to what i'm talking about, click the below link...

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/Thru-Hull-Adapters/THA-150-DB

Looked at the link, but can't figure out how they install. Do they just press down inside the drain? Would be a quick and cheap fix if they work. They use to make something similar to that to replace the drain plugs in the transom. It would drain the bilge, but would not allow water to enter.

• 2 months later...

Not sure what rabuds are but the duck bills install inside the transom of the boat.  I called Gemlux and they said they only make them for 1 1/2 inch openings...***, mine are 1 7/8 wide.  I've read somewhere else just using corks...which i'm going to do.  $20 fix should work!

Any other suggestions outside of a cork is helpful.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, Mik said:

Not sure what rabuds are but the duck bills install inside the transom of the boat.  I called Gemlux and they said they only make them for 1 1/2 inch openings...***, mine are 1 7/8 wide.  I've read somewhere else just using corks...which i'm going to do.  $20 fix should work!

Any other suggestions outside of a cork is helpful.  

A rubber plug similar to a Jon boat plug.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I installed duckbills on my 2200 trs. I did two things at once to correct my wet feet in winter time. I should mention my drains are off the side instead of exiting through the transom.

i bought the duck bills which install inside the through hull. I had to disassemble the elbow and isolation valve to get to them. 

I also pulled my floor drains up and turned them so the bottom of them faced across the boat. I bought bilge hose from west marine and two 90 degree elbows. I piped the starboard side to port drain and the port side to the starboard drain. When everyone gets on one side of the boat the opposite floor drain is higher. This prevents the water from immediately flooding the deck. 

Archived