Gas cap replacement

MPFit

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I tried to order one from the link above. Stated they were out of stock on the 1 1/2" for my PF. Found the cap on EBAY as part of a diesel filler neck and cap. I ordered this morning thinking I'd throw the fill neck away and use the cap. Same p/n on the cap.

I hope it fits. Only $35, and getting harder and harder to find. Search EBay for the Southco part number.

Southco M7-22-8807204 Polished 1 1/2 Inch Stainless Steel POP UP Cap Boat Straig

Estimated delivery Wed, Apr 05

I shoulda called; they were out when I went to order online also. I skipped for a simple flush cap from west marine that had same threading. Sits lower than the threading section making a little puddle on gas cap but it seals fine. 

All,

i wanted to close the loop on the EBay Southco replacement gas cap. It arrived today and it fit like a glove! I unscrewed the "idiot strap" screw on the cap bottom, and there is no way to use the new one supplied with the new fill neck and cap. So no "idiot strap and spring"

My new fill neck is marked Diesel, but the cap fit my PF. So, I have a new Southco diesel fill neck if anyone wants it for free. Let me know!

Not many left, so might want to pick up a spare. The pop up spring will fail eventually.

• 1 month later...

Archived