WTB Maverick MA18

Mike Bell

Mike, I have to say, I hope you end up with that 18.5 with the 175 (if you want it).  It's a pretty sled.  BTW, I have had both the big and small consoles - I'll take the big console any day of the week.  The cooler being integrated into the seat gives it a logical place.  Without that, you never have a good place for it, and end up putting it in front of the console where it is kind of in the way.   Not a major deal, but the big console keeps things cleaner.  Plus, you can almost install a head in that thing its so big!  I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with all that space, but I'm going to make good use of it somehow!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichway, Hey post up a pic of the "big" console. I don't know if I have ever seen one. Always thought mine was "small" but I have all three batts, onboard charger, VHF and my radio in mine. Just no built in cooler. Do they have windshields? Always thought that would be handy too but not sure.

3 hours ago, triplec said:

Whichway, Hey post up a pic of the "big" console. I don't know if I have ever seen one. Always thought mine was "small" but I have all three batts, onboard charger, VHF and my radio in mine. Just no built in cooler. Do they have windshields? Always thought that would be handy too but not sure.

here are some pics of both the small console (blue boat, pics 1 and 3) and large console (pics 2 and 4).

20161221_125325.jpg

00C0C_dSh6j788fut_1200x900.jpg

20150904_110438.jpg

20161119_082402.jpg

WOW wow wow! Gents, this thread has got some great eye candy!

Forgive me for my short absence, we had a "semi-expected" death in the family, all is well though, he was a believer and is now living the good life! Amen!

I can't thank this group enough for the information and leads for our journey finding the sled for us! I have spoken on the phone with almost everyone currently selling a MA18 and am blown away at how fast calls roll in. I am working at dates to make a run to Miami area to meet with 3 different sellers. However, I still seem to pull to the early 90's rig. 

?Quick question..... Bottom paint, as a buyer should I be concerned with what may be hidden underneath? I understand the necessity for given situations but frankly, I think it looks tacky and would remove it.

Triplec- your boat is something dreams are made of! I love the cap of the early-mid 90's rig with the smaller square console. I can't define it by practicality purposes but its just a sexy look to me! 

Mike, that 2003 is your boat. I'd seriously make time and look at it bc it will be gone soon.  Shoot me a pm with your phone number and I'll get you on the MA hotline/network. We can tell you where every 18MA is between Rhode Island and Texas. Ask Chris (Palmetto)  

Now to the other issue....BOTTOM PAINT

Now this just my opinion, it's free and maybe unpopular but, Bottom paint kills the boat. It kills the resale and it degrades the appearance. It's an 18ft flats boat, not a Jarret Bay, if you just want a boat to leave in the water get a Jon yacht. Master Anglers deserve better. The safest way to remove it is soda blasting ($$$$) then possibly new gel coat. Buying a boat with bottom paint indicates it sat in the most corrosive environment out there. Salt air/moisture inside the compartments corroding, rusting your fittings etc. It could lead to more issues. 

^^^^^^^Yup^^^^^^^^^

There's nothing the MA hotline group likes better than spending other people's money on Master Anglers so we can re-live the joy of buying our MA (and the knowledge that we're completely ruining every other boat for the new owner).    Having owned two of 'em after a whole lot of other boats, its fun to watch others experience that first ride in rough water.   Don't know much about that 2003, but if she checks out, there is a lot to be desired there.  Nag can talk you through some concerns offline.  

1-800-MA's-FORSALE. Listen carefully our menu has changed, Press 1 for 1999 and older, Press 2 for 2000 and newer!

Bottom paint on small boats seems to be a thing in the NE, they leave them in the water over the summer. I would pass on a boat with bottom paint, unless it was a super duper deal.

27 minutes ago, hurricane said:

1-800-MA's-FORSALE. Listen carefully our menu has changed, Press 1 for 1999 and older, Press 2 for 2000 and newer!

Bottom paint on small boats seems to be a thing in the NE, they leave them in the water over the summer. I would pass on a boat with bottom paint, unless it was a super duper deal.

We need to get you on the group text.

*****DISCLAIMER*****

It's not a club/secret circle etc. I'm pretty sure we all do the same things. Drink a cup of coffee each morning, search Craigslist/boat trader and other forums to see what other MAs are out there.  Meeting good people through this forum looking for MAs, we decided to help them locate Master Anglers. We just consolidated our resources to be more effective.

Im not a liberty to disclose how I got in the group.......but I feel sure Hurricane's membership was approved a long time before mine.  I leave it to the Executive Committee to add these new folks.  It should be noted, the topics don't seem to always stay on MA's, but it usually starts and ends there.  Soon we need to have an in-person retreat to discuss matters in more detail and see first hand what everyone has done to their boat to make it better.

To be clear, this is less of a fraternity and more of a psychological support group.  

As an executive member of the MA cult, I hereby nominate Mike Bell for candidacy as a future MA owner, with full rights, access, and privileges to the (somewhat limited) brain trust.  Further, I nominate Hurricane into the executive committee because he has a boat that I continuously lust after and he seems like a pretty good guy to drink a beer with next time I'm in Tampa.  Plus, he can make actual hurricanes change their  tracts, which is also kind of cool.  

Which, Thanks for the console pics....turns out mine is different than both you posted up.  Dang there are a lot of subtle changes and options over the years.

Thanks Mike! I got lucky...pole barn find of sorts from neighbor that I never knew he had for years, about 8 years back give or take with 160 some odd hours on it. 

Guys, happy to announce the search is over for us! God truly has blessed us and made this all possible. Special thanks to "group" of dedicated individuals for keeping us informed throughout this process and put it all together! Our MA 18.5 is an '02 with a Yamaha HPDI 150. Hull and outboard were meticulously cared for and service documented from  the day originally purchased! Couldn't be happier

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

Archived