WTB Maverick MA18

Mike Bell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, I've noticed the line which speak volumes for this hull, also noting that not many want to part with either! 

Range... <15 with the intent to repower rather quickly

No big must-haves, just clean and not abused (not needing TLC)

Year range: 1990+ 

I'm constantly searching this site, craigslist, boattrader, thehulltruth, microskiff... are there any other places I am missing??   

Just be patient.  They seem to come in waves.

if I was looking, I'd literally have at least some (if not a lot) cash on hand and be ready to make a deal quick. Look outside of Florida and be willing to travel  - Alabama and Georgia both produce a lot of "Florida" boats at good deals 

If your on Facebook "trick my skiff" is a good page to watch 

No worries buddy, I didn't mean for it to come across that I didn't want to share the eye candy. Just didn't want to bore the thread with Q/A. Buddy I too have spent endless hours drooling over boats, thankfully we are now in the "game" of making it happen! 

1 hour ago, Mike Bell said:

I am very thankful for this site and all you guys that stir up mountains of knowledge and information, I truly have learned a lot and wouldn't intend to cross anyone, especially on this site or any site for that matter. 

Absolutely! We have a great squad around here. 

Whichwayisup-

I am checking multiple sites, a couple times a day bud, preferably, I'd like a mid-90's MA18. I like the cap with the split compartment forward and stand alone anchor locker. As well, I am in love with the smaller square console. Certainly with the hit and miss nature of finding this hull compromises are inevitable..... and consoles are a dime a dozen 😉. (Oh and a red hull is just silly, but to each his own) Power isn't relevant, as long as the overall sale price isn't dictated by it, a repower will happen regardless almost immediately. The ultimate "unicorn" would be a 90's MA18 without power but lord knows I can't be too picky otherwise my search my never end. Until then, the chase is fun and I've had the opertunity to meet some great folks with awesome stories and really slick rides! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 8:49 PM, Mike Bell said:

Whichwayisup-

...I like the cap with the split compartment forward and stand alone anchor locker. As well, I am in love with the smaller square console. Certainly with the hit and miss nature of finding this hull compromises are inevitable..... 

Mike, Those layouts are my favorite as well! I think it changed in 1998 or maybe 1997. I think the year they added the sea chest. Mine is a 96 and has the cap you describe with double rod lockers but no sea chest to feed the wells rather they used high speed pickup ups.  The consoles were shorter height too as you mentioned. No windshield on most or maybe that was an option.

IMG_0695.jpg

Archived