Hotel Stay "near" Flamingo

Need some advice...we are making a trip down to Flamingo in a few weeks, and wanted some suggestions on where to possibly stay one night before we enter the Park?  We typically just camp in Flamingo before we head out for a few days of fishing, but wanted to possibly negate the Flamingo camping and try and stop on the way in.  We will be towing a boat, and have heard some bad stories as it relates in Homestead with items being stolen, etc.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a decent and safe place to stay before we head into the Park for a few days.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:56 AM, Blackbeard said:

Need some advice...we are making a trip down to Flamingo in a few weeks, and wanted some suggestions on where to possibly stay one night before we enter the Park?  We typically just camp in Flamingo before we head out for a few days of fishing, but wanted to possibly negate the Flamingo camping and try and stop on the way in.  We will be towing a boat, and have heard some bad stories as it relates in Homestead with items being stolen, etc.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a decent and safe place to stay before we head into the Park for a few days.

I stayed two nights at the Courtyard by Marriott with no problems.  The front desk manager was awesome--let me park in a well-lite spot, made sure the security guy made regular checks during the night, and let us keep my push pole behind the front desk area.  

13 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Unless you plan on fishing the interior , of the park ... I would stay in the Keys and run across .

Weather permitting .

You would have the best of both worlds .

FL City / Homestead is very sketchy .

🇺🇸☠️🥃

This is what I would do. I do the run all the time. It's gorgeous.  

• 1 month later...

Archived