Sign in to follow this  
OldestCityLocal

Redfish pro series. Butt handed to me.

Did the redfish pro series tournament in Saint Augustine went south and got my a** kicked. Couldn't boat a single nice redfish. Caught loads of trout and a few decent flounder. First tournament. It can only get better. 

That's a tough one to fish in....I've caught some nice reds in St Johns River along those rock jetties....but, those guys in Jville have so many places to catch reds...makes it hard to decide where to go. How many boats were in the tourney this year ?

Yep lots of people ran to Jacksonville only 5 boats where down in my area. 62 boats total in the tournament. I will say the people who run it where nice as hell and organized. Had a good time all in all. Saw a bunch of hewed and a couple mavericks. I was the only MA 21 though😎

Where did everybody launch from?  Just curious cause about a month ago on a Friday morning I went to Devil's Elbow and the entry was roped off with a sign "closed for private event".  Reading your post made me think maybe they were doing a tournament there.