2006 Pathfinder TE with 2017 Yamaha F175

Phinz13

I'm in the process of re-powering my 2006 Pathfinder TE with a new Yamaha F175 and am looking for the optimal prop that meets my needs.

I mainly fish in the back country and Biscayne Bay but on those calm days I will go out and venture in some deep sea trolling for Dolphin and reef fishing.

Boat is pretty heavy as it has a T-top, trolling motor, 4 batteries, 3 livewells, an 8 foot Talon,  and I usually carry about 3 full grown men and way too much gear.

Id like to get out of the hole quickly but also would not like to compromise too much of my top end speed. What would you suggest?

Pathy.JPG

I used that prop on my F150.  It topped out about 5400-5500 rpms, trimmed out.   Max speed  was about 43 to 44 mph, trimmed for max speed.  So, based on my max rpms, the 17 pitch should just about do it for the F175.  I would think that the 17" will get you to 5700-5800 rpms.  That would be my best guess. 

• 3 months later...

*UPDATE*

I might have to consider a new prop.

After breaking in the 10 hours on the new 175, I finally got to go out and do some "real" fishing.

Wasn't thrilled with the performance when the boat was loaded. 3 heavy guys with more gear than necessary, 2 full coolers, middle live well full of bait.

Trimmed out I was only able to get a max of about 45-4800 RPMS (about 40 MPH). Hole shot took quite a while too. Had to get everyone to move to the front - then it popped out pretty well. I feel like Im definitely loosing close to about 1000 RPMs. and 10 MPH

I'm thinking that I run MUCH heavier than we thought. Ganna get a hold of prop tech tomorrow to see what my options are.

i put the in line f200 on a 2200 v year before last and wound up running a 14-1/2" x 20p. it had a little cup on it and i didn't like the top end so i took the cup out.now i'm happy with it. fair hole shot and 52 mph at 5700 rpm. i have and 18p also that will run up to 6000, but the top end is like 47-48. i was really disappointed in the engine untill i settled on the 20p. good luck.

• 1 year later...

Archived