96 Master Angler 18

RiMav18

On 4/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, Mitz said:

Yeah i mean i used hear 10 inches draft and think wow that's a lot for a "flats" boat. In reality, the 17/18 MA will draft 12-14inches depending how much fuel and if the well if full. Don't believe... get out of the boat and measure.... Ill take that draft any day over 7/9 inches and getting my face pounded in by chop and being limited to a poling stiff but to each his own. As the above mentioned, think hard about how "shallow" you are really going to get. I've owned both and now have a 25 contender bay and still get back to little rabbit key in florida bay and flats around that area at low tide. so unless you are technical poling, you are going the right route by looking at the MA's

Agree 100%....the MA will draw about the same as a Pathy - 12" or so; however, it does run the chop like a Pathy as well....this is my most likely last skiff and I can say the MA17, is amazing...i'm looking forward to running the beaches in Jupiter in the summer and fishing the inlets when snook come back in the inlets.

The long runs from Choko and south to Lostman's River areas have been very comfortable and she'll run in a nice quartering chop.

dc

Archived