The person I purchased my old 17MA from back in 2006 was the 2nd owner. However, he had the original 1995 MBC invoice from the person that he purchased the boat from. I happened to find that invoice as I was sorting thru my Maverick folder yesterday. Can you guess the original cost of a 1995 17MA hull equipped with just the basics.....? (hull only)

One of you is within $500! I'll let a few more peeps take guesses before I reveal the number.

Basic equipment included on the invoice in this instance was: emerald white hull & deck, fwd seat, cushions, tower, trim tabs, console nav lights, pp holders, white rope rub rail & pop-up cleat.

Makes you stop and think...  Back in 1994, I bought a new Action Craft Flatsmaster 1810 off the lot (no engine, no trailer, no electronics) for $8,500.  The new 1995 Mercury 115 before labor to rig was $5,700.  Trolling motor prices compared to today - way up!  Speaking for myself - income has NOT gone up in the same proportions.

Yep - look at that graph - 100% increase in the cost of a new boat - and that seems about right for flats boats too.   I can't imagine that production costs have gone up 100% but maybe they have.  One nice thing about all this is that, with 100% composite or glass hulls (i.e., no wood), having a 30 year very structurally sound boat is a reality - and the prices are (this is funny) almost about what you would have paid new 30 years ago!  ah, the joy of inflation.

Wow, I just had an epiphany.....we must all be getting old "er" to either post this question or be so interested in the answer to this question on a fishing/boating forum!!! xD 

I'll post the amount tonight after all of us hopefully have consumed a few adult beverages and chime in like the pirates that we are!

Archived