Sign in to follow this  
Rod Wrapper

EP Crustaceus Brush

Does anyone have any suggestions on tying crab patterns with this material? Do you tie it along the hook shank or do you wrap it around the hook shank and spread it out.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I believe there is a good article in the Saltwater Flyfishing magazine this month or last using this material for a Tarpon pattern. We have tied a bunch over here in Homos***a in preperation for our season coming up.

I will try and take a few pics of what we have tied and shoot you over a few.

Just palmer it David, I have stopped buying it now, I just make a dubbing loop, bit of dilly wax, then lay up EP inside the loop, then spin.

Either way, brush it out well with a small piece of velcro.

I've ties quite a few toads with it but wasn't too happy with the way they swim. I tend to tie my toads a little differently then most. I really like the streamer brush for tying my demon tarpon fly, which may be featured in any one of the fly fishing magazines in the near future.

Limey... I like the streamer brush because the wire actually gives the fly more body. Making a dubbing loop and putting prices of EP in it just seems like too long of a process. On top of that, the cut ends on the fibers may be too uniform with a dubbing loop.