South Georgia

fishmanjj

I had the battle wagon loaded....big plans to catch a few trout first thing and then sight fish for some reds in the grass at high tide, however, Mother Nature dealt a bad hand overnight....it went from 78F and slick water on Friday night...light rain around midnight and then the temp dropped to 41F and along came the 30kt NE winds. Needless to say, daylight brought discouragement. Oh well, instead I've repacked the wheel bearings on the trailer and will make an attempt to put some wax on the hull. 

Here she sits...hooked up...cooler iced up ....chicken wings and beer....TM batteries all charged up.....sitting in the darn driveway ! 

FullSizeRender.jpg

On 2/4/2017 at 4:20 PM, whichwaysup said:

There's nothing like a boat hooked up and pointed towards the end of the driveway, like a horse straining against the reins just dying to be off and running.  Unlimited anticipation.

I have mine all ready for a trip tomorrow.  Dyi g to be out there!

did you catch any fish ?

Well.....another weekend passed with no fishing....the full moon brought very high tides, dirty water.....turned out ok though, my son and I were invited to shoot pheasants at Dorchester Preserve with some friends. First time for us at a continental pheasant tower shoot.

Nothing like our years of traveling to Guymon Oklahoma for the first week of December...pheasant hunt on a feed lot, but still..we had a good time. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Archived