21 Redfisher, 2003 Backrest Ideas

Flatout Yankee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi JGibbs.  Hopefully this is helpful.

I have 2003 21 RF also and had my seats installed like this when I first got the boat back in 03.  Been working great for many years.

I think seats are made by FishOn.  I need to order some new cushions.  LOL.  They basically just snap in place.  Fold them down and face backwards when towing.  

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

172596_1816641023777_5627025_o.jpg

On 2/25/2017 at 10:54 AM, Mangroovin said:

Seats are made by Tempress.  :D

That's the exact setup on my boat.  I also need to replace the seats, or at least the padding, but they are still very comfortable compared to just a pad or using the flip-up bench seat.

My boat has the three Tempress seats on them as well.  I want to keep these, but considering adding a seat to go across the top of the bench.  Has anyone made a bench cushion that fits arround the Tempress pucks?

Only reason for even considering another option is the seats sometimes get in the way when fishing.  Wife likes the way they sit and that's good enough reason to keep them.😉

On 2/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, 2fastlx said:

Birdsall marine makes a pretty nice one I was looking at getting. I would like to hear from someone who has one before ordering it though.

It would be nice if that Birdsall back rest could be rigged with some kind of hinging system so you could fold it down like the seats rather than having to unscrew the knobs and then move the support brackets. Anyone have an idea?

Also, on the seat pucks onto which the seats fix, I've seen on the Maverick site that one guy used starboard under the hatch cover rather than simply bolting through the brackets. Any thoughts on that?

JG

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 12:26 PM, Carolinadrifter said:

I installed a  60in birdsall on my 18 master angler. I sunk the screws through the deck into blocks of teak on the underside of the live well to act as two big washers. I then took it to a local fab guy and had him weld two rod holders onto the arms. Absolutely love it. 

Thanks!