Wilderness Waterway Trail- on skiff

Yes, several times. It's a lot of fun. Stay on the trail and it should be a piece of cake as long as you don't try it on a negative low tide in the winter with a NW/N/NE wind. Try to time the tide to be medium to high when you have to run outside from the mouth of Broad Creek and back into the Broad River. Leave your GPS off and navigate with a map & compass to get the full experience!!

Been there, seen it and have waited for incoming tide.....at least 10 times the past 24 winters I've fished Choko! it's a great learning experience. 9_9 

My neighbors in Choko said it wasn't a problem for those that didn't run the Lopez and knew the deeper routes to navigate out front.

It's all about knowing where NOT to be at lower tides!

You don't want to try and get in at Harney at negative tide.   That is for sure.  Unless you know a deep hole in there somewhere.  We sure didn't.  Sounds like everyone Jumps from the Broad to the Shark but looks like the WWT actually is marked thru the Harney.  We camped there two nights and we never saw another boat come thru there so most people must bypass.  We ran to the outside to get to the Shark and head to the Joe but I guess the Joe isn't actually on the WWT.  We ran into several paddlers that were running the Joe instead of running up on the  bays.  Maybe because of the wind conditions?  Would be cool to actually run the entire marked WWT someday.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived