1996 Redfisher 19

finnatic651

Thanks, I used that DiNoc 3M vinyl carbon fiber they put on cars. It's all over Ebay, thick, tough and easy to use. I almost made a new inst panel out of carbon fiber but thought to try this to see how it looks before spending the money. The side of the console came second, my brainstorm after seeing how much I liked the dash, lol.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you. Sorry, just saw this question. I have the turbo ultima 4 20"

tweaked a bit and now it's perfect. Prop shop took some of the cupping out so It would spin up easier. Perf- amazing mid power and runs about 55 top end. it cruises real nice now at 35-40 though.

I just purchased a new Pro XS 150, hoping it runs good on that next week..

How stable is your hull over 50mph? I had mine up to 59 today but it was sketchy.

• 2 months later...

Hey I was admiring your rig in person at ECM over the weekend. You were staying and parked next us as we were in the HPX tunnel. I was hoping to talk to you about your red 19 as I sold mine many years ago and regretted it ever since even after moving into a 22 tournament. I may have just found one and hope to get it looking as good as yours if I can get it for the right price.

Here is a pic of my old beast.

[lightbox]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/med_1381195769-1174266264-sunrisehewes1.jpg[/lightbox]

1381195842-1174266264-sunrisehewes1.jpg.

It's a small world. When I first saw my beat up old boat on the trailer for sale, i did some research on these boats only to find the pic you just posted. When I saw that pic, I knew I could make this boat what I wanted, it motivated me to make the purchase. I love this boat, would of liked to chat with you. Next time knock on our door...Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, don't know if this topic is dead already but I recently bought a 1997 Redfisher 19 and I love it. I see that everyone is using at most a 19 pitch prop and wanted to share my results. Well I had bought the boat with a 3 blade 23 pitch mirage prop and the boat ran weak to say the least. I walked in to Bob Hewes Boats in Miami and they suggested that I call PowerTech and give my boat and motor setup info for the right prop. I ended up calling them on the spot and they suggested a 4 blade OFX prop in a 17 pitch. Just so happens that they had it in stock and away I went. Now here is where my question come in. I have a 150 Vmax on the back and have never been able to go above 45mph on the GPS. How are you guys reaching the 50's and above? Not so much that I want that, because this new prop is amazing! Absolutely amazing Holeshot (Feels like 2 seconds) and top end RPM's are 5300 to 5400 at 45mph and no crazy cavitation.

Thoughts or remarks appreciated.

4 blades offer tons of grip and holeshot but they normally run pretty flat because of all the stern lift. If you want to run 50 plus you'll have to find the right 3 blade with bow lift. You will give up some of the perks of a 4 blade though. I prefer 3 blades for my rig. I cover long distances and like my boat out of the water.

Very nice rebuild, and lots of good info & feedback on 3&4 blade props.

I like a 3 blade prop for overall performance on my boat, Merc Tempest 21' & 23'

Only use 4 blade for play day towing tubes and ultrashallow back lakes fishing. Powertech TRO4 19'

• 5 months later...

Awesome Rebuild.

I have the same Hull and year as well that I have been picking away at for the past two years.

Does anyone know how this particular hull would ride with a bobs jack plate 8" Setback?

I have been in the market for a jackplate and ran across a brand new one for a great price but it is an 8" Setback. Im a little worried with the motor that far back it may stuff the nose???

Thanks

Archived