1996 Redfisher 19

finnatic651

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys..Here are a couple of pics when I started working on it. The console is completely redone, I have original rod holders for anyone that wants them. The rub rail had to be replaced along with some fibergl*** work. The motor was blown when I purchased, so she received a new powerhead and complete rebuild with 200hp..Electrical, cleaning and probably 10 other things I can't even remember but it's been fun. Now, I love this boat, everything I wanted in a flats boat..I will put up some better pics of the finished product..I almost forget the trailer and the fact that I can't enter any tourneys with this motor..

1298415560-consre.JPG.babe5c6f6f1e8c531c

1298415326-first_purchased1.jpg.ebfe681a

1298415291-first_disasemble.JPG.f2baab74

i have seen bayfishers and redfishers with both seat arrangements. both front deck layouts. my max hp on my bayfisher is 175 which is same as redfisher. so far the ONLY difference i have ever noticed every time is the console and the poling platform.

the console on the redfisher is bigger and SOMETIMES has a windshield. the bayfisher poling platform mounts on top of the deck at all 4 points and the redfisher platform mounts with 2 on the deck and 2 on the transom.

this is only comparing the redfisher/bayfisher 19 models. so basically they are the exact same boat if the 19' model

• 1 month later...

OK, installed new prop, I purchased a 23 pitch turbo ultima 4blade. The boat took roughly a football field to plane, top speed 65 @ 5k rpms.

This test all done with no gear, by myself, livewell empty, etc. I'm ***uming a 19 pitch would be perfect, it should put me at 5600 loaded, roughly. I think I could spin a 21 but the holeshot would still ***, Who needs 65mph anyway.

Any input or feedback we be much appreciated..

Not sure I really want to go 65mph.... wow, whew, OMG!

you wrote 'The boat took roughly a football field to plane"

so do you want to go really fast or get up out the gr*** fast with the least potential of bumping the gr***? For me, and I only speak for me, I will pole till I've got some clear somewhat deep water and want to get up on the plane as quick as I can.

First, that is an awesome rig! I really wish they still made this model as is and perhaps offer a C/K hull. Also, It is not advertised, but Turbo makes a 20 pitch Ultima that might be dead nuts on for you (let me know if you want to know how/where to get one). Also, you can have the vents drilled out further which will allow it to plane much easier.

Capt, I would happily lend you the prop BUT I ran it for half n hour and put back in the box in order to sell it. Also, you have a similar rig, I don't think you will have luck with this prop either.

Thanks so much, yes I would love the 20, it would be perfect..Please let me know where to purchase..

Archived