Rebuild Thread Begun_Please Welcome The Holy Ghost To the Forum

Wanaflatsfish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

32621503370_b52273127e_b.jpgIMG_3102 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

I notice some had fluid around tank, mine leaks some but I can't find where it is leaking, the fittings are tight, the screws on the tank are tight, the lid is tight...but, I can clean up around it....go fishing..and there will be a small amount around the bottom under the tank. 

6 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

I notice some had fluid around tank, mine leaks some but I can't find where it is leaking, the fittings are tight, the screws on the tank are tight, the lid is tight...but, I can clean up around it....go fishing..and there will be a small amount around the bottom under the tank. 

CK with Powerpole guys....but, I would think it has to be where the ferrule are connecting....who did the install?    The ferrules have to be:

1.) the tip has to be cut straight on the hose

2.) the compression fitting has to be at the end and slides over the hose

3.) the fitting has to be really pushed in hard via turning the the fitting with a 9/16 wrench 

DC

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

CK with Powerpole guys....but, I would think it has to be where the ferrule are connecting....who did the install?    The ferrules have to be:

1.) the tip has to be cut straight on the hose

2.) the compression fitting has to be at the end and slides over the hose

3.) the fitting has to be really pushed in hard via turning the the fitting with a 9/16 wrench 

DC

It was already installed from previous owner......I have cranked down on the fitting...however, I have not looked close at the compression fitting...and I do not know if the hose is cut straight...but, I can check it.   If I unhook, does that put air in the line ?

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

It was already installed from previous owner......I have cranked down on the fitting...however, I have not looked close at the compression fitting...and I do not know if the hose is cut straight...but, I can check it.   If I unhook, does that put air in the line ?

NO DON'T DO THIS WITHOUT ANOTHER COMPRESSION FITTING.

call powerpole and order a few more....then all you do is remove it, recut the hose, slip over the fitting, and tighten down....

DC

Archived