Dale Nelson

Bass style leaning seat install

Seems that lately I've been doing more freshwater bass fishing since the river has gone to crap. Does anyone have any pictures of a leaning style seat install or temporarily setup. I believe at one time I saw a few that people had set up like a barstool.

Unable to find anything in the search feature

johnd   

I have that seat if you want.  The mounting is on my bow section (I don't use).  You can come by and see how its mounted and for a cold beverage you can have the seat.

• Like 1

Marshfly   

Pics please. I do a ton of bass fishing as well and am always jealous of the bicycle seats they have to lean on. It makes it worse when I look back and my buddy is leaning against the poling platform.

lurem   

ditto, lets see some pics. I have been on the Hillsborough river with my son bass fishing and we stand up the whole day. The bass guys with the pedestal seats make me jealous. haha

I thought about trying to make something removable like these.  The seat post mount that came with the older Hewes are so far to the rear it's a pain to run the trolling motor. 

The underside of my factory mount doesn't look so great either.

IMG_0721.PNG

IMG_0722.PNG

The one I'm thinking of has a regular gas shock that fits a standard 3/4" swivleze base.. I have one that I picked up on the Forum for considerably less. The first one I saw in use was with Lefty Kreh using it. I really like it . You can improvise and come up with less expensive alternative using a simple butt seat on a taller pole or one the has a gas "shock" and stainless base from swivleze. I have done that too and it works very well.

rubble   
15 hours ago, Dale Nelson said:

Nice . I will show this to my buddy with a pathfinder.  Looks like someone is ready to put some miles on their boats.

This was our launch at Choko Island Park heading to Harney and then Flamingo. Had to take a little extra fuel. 😉

justfish   
On February 10, 2017 at 9:05 PM, rubble said:

Here is one on the front of a Pathfinder 2000v

IMG_1064.jpg

I am looking for same exact kinda seat.  Did I miss what it was called?...

I already have the base plate, but has to cut seat when I got it cause it was rusted in.  Want to replace 

rubble   
8 hours ago, justfish said:

I am looking for same exact kinda seat.  Did I miss what it was called?...

I already have the base plate, but has to cut seat when I got it cause it was rusted in.  Want to replace 

Don't recall where it came from. Think I found it online. Swivl-Eze pedestal, tall version.  This may work http://m.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tourney-Special-Pro-Butt-Seat/product/14061309064126/

polliwog   

I bgt my HPX with the swivel-eze seat which I have never used YET,but the time will come I'm sure. Great thing is you just remove the seat and have a flush mount if you ever , it's an easy install like, 1 min when you want to use it. I do have a friend who has some balance issues who would need it when he fishes with me. 

RacerxV6   

Utimately, this is what you are looking for...image.png.603b8c8971fd63f64027f1bfbe73b868.pngYou can get these at Academy.  I have bass fished all my life and I never used one until I came to SC ad started lake fishing.  Down in FLA you don't need it because there is always something on the line...Lol.  You should be able to do the whole thing for like $100.

Marshfly   

Those look horrendous and have no business on an HPX. If someone could figure out a clean way to do that with only the ring around the hole showing on the deck they would make a fortune from the flats and skiff guys.

RacerxV6   
22 hours ago, Marshfly said:

Those look horrendous and have no business on an HPX. If someone could figure out a clean way to do that with only the ring around the hole showing on the deck they would make a fortune from the flats and skiff guys.

I wasn't suggesting that he go and buy this, I was simply showing that is what he is looking for.  I believe that there may be something that exist, but it would have to support the weight of what is being applied to the deck in such a small area.

Marshfly   
38 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

I wasn't suggesting that he go and buy this, I was simply showing that is what he is looking for.  I believe that there may be something that exist, but it would have to support the weight of what is being applied to the deck in such a small area.

Yea. That darn physics stuff always messing up sleek design. haha