Balance

wayne

I have a 17v with the 4 stroke 90 on the back and a PP...  Most of the time I TM fish, but lately I've been poling more...  I've been moving batteries around and I'm not sure anything has changed the way it floats...  it seems to need a lot of weight in the bow for polling. ..  My question is what's the ideal weight?

If your referring to the Bayliner like hull slap... With my 18 anyway unless there's a full size American male on the front your gonna get hull slap from the chine / spray rail thingy up front. It's absolutely maddening but unavoidable. I've got 100lbs. of Odyssey's up front for nothing other than ballast and I still get hull slap with me on the back and the wife up front. I've even considered filling in the "step"  12" or so from the point of the bow-back to smooth out that sharp corner that makes all the noise but my wife forbids it

I'm not sure that's ever been figured out on the 17HPXV, Wayne. That 90 four stroke is a heavy motor for that hull design IMO.

The hull slap on my 18HPX is non-existent when my 35gal tank is at least 2/3 full with my filled 80Yeti or 65Rtic cooler pushed against the bulkhead and a 120lb+ angler on the bow. I also have my two 1200 Odysseys mounted forward of the tank.

8 hours ago, fishbum321 said:

wayne there's an easy solution when you wanna pole gimme a call.  

It's  the negative side of having mostly weekdays off,, all your buddies are busy working!!    I've pushed north up to edgewater, it's as clear up there as I've ever seen it,,,   it's just super shallow....

Archived