Day late and a dollar short

CG RYAN

Well actually just a day late. I am a big fan of Academy stores and they are currently doing seasonal clearance. Apparently they are not going to be selling power poles any more and were clearancing them. They had the 10' blade for $300 and 8' pro for $200. I was told they went immediately. No surprise there. I am sure they all went to the same person and I don't blame them. If you have an academy by you it might be worth it to check. If you are in the Houston area don't waste your time. I have called EVERY store in the area.  

They were still shown regular price on the box, but we're on sale as of last week. My buddy got the pro series for $800 each and I got the blades for $1000 each. They were shown discounted online but I don't think they are showing them anymore. I know PP has a new 2.0 coming out so they may have been clearing stock to sell new ones possibly. When I looked at my boxes one was built late 2015 and the other was early 2016. I know the store in Orlando millennia had a white blade and a white pro series left as the store in Kissimmee also had a pro series in white also.  We had to go to the store as most stores were not very helpful over the phone. Kissimmee held the blade for me but said they didn't have any more, but when we got there, there were more on the shelf.

Matt

Yes. Mine are thru bolted to the transom. I didn't want them hanging back further. Plus my platform would have been an issue also. I put starboard between them and the transom for a little spacer also. When sitting still the bolts are above the water line and fully extended miss my trim tabs by a couple inches. 

1 minute ago, MaxBluFin said:

Yes. Mine are thru bolted to the transom. I didn't want them hanging back further. Plus my platform would have been an issue also. I put starboard between them and the transom for a little spacer also. When sitting still the bolts are above the water line and fully extended miss my trim tabs by a couple inches. 

Plus it saved you $400+ by not having to buy the brackets. I have a fiberglass/gel coat guy coming tomorrow to patch the holes from my old transom mounted Power Pole.

Archived