Humminbird Installed

MPFit

SoGot my Helix 7SI installed yesterday thought I'd share some pics. Haven't tested her out yet but it's prettier than the old Garmin I had. For 550$ it's a steal in my opinion for a 7inch screen with side imaging. It boiled down to this and the Elite5ti from lowrance. Reason I went with this is (obviously) the bigger screen for same price. Also, Florida marine tracks were considered which is why I was interested in the lowrance but at the cost of them I decided on humminbird with nav+ instead.

IMG_4068.JPG

IMG_4069.JPG

IMG_4070.JPG

IMG_4071.JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

Looked at those units myself. Have old Garmin need to replace at some point. My  transducer is mounted in similar location but it just never works to suit me there. Yours have enough clean water to hold bottom there? I like the bird units. Think they run same Navionics as Lawrence too. 

Wound up moving transducer half an inch up. It has a decent amount of spray onto the cowling. Bottom reads perfectly but with adjustments spray hasn't gone away. Even higher to the point of losing bottom I get spray. Gonna put a spray shield on and call it a day.

Archived