Bimini or sunshade for hpx18?

brett331

I do not have a pic handy but I had a big umbrella that would fit nicely in a center rod holder.  Mine was bright yellow with Corona logo. Came from the Mexican restaurant down the road LOL !!Tie a small rope on it because it does not take a lot of wind to lift it up.

13 hours ago, hurricane said:

have one, works great for one person only. bimini if running, large umbrella if anchored up like the other post stated.

17 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I do not have a pic handy but I had a big umbrella that would fit nicely in a center rod holder.  Mine was bright yellow with Corona logo. Came from the Mexican restaurant down the road LOL !!Tie a small rope on it because it does not take a lot of wind to lift it up.

Is yours like one of these...   

Patio-Umbrella.jpg

CoronaUmb.jpg

The umbrella works good, but you cant run with it up. I did a lot of brainstorming, and with some help from my canvas guy and a machine shop, came up with the one you see in the pictures. Cost me a total of $200, and rolls up nicely, and fits in the under gunnel rod holders. No hole drilled in the boat either. Keeps the wife and dog out of the sun, and gives me a shady spot to to take a break if needed. 

Boat Top 1.jpg

Boat Top 2.jpg

We've been doing the "big beach umbrella in the console rod holder" thing for a few years now, and it has worked well.  Then this past Summer, we enjoyed some relaxing days on the water aboard a pontoon boat with a Bimini top.  For me, it comes down to one important thing.  You need shade under way.  I will be installing a Bimini Top on the Redfisher this Spring.  A sturdy one that I can leave up and cool off with at 30+ mph in Mid-July.

Archived