1994 Lappy, need help with under gunwals.

Im chumming

Good morning all, looking to replace under gunwal carpet, I have already removed carpeting and replaced bungee on rod holders. I am having a difficult time finding an alternative to the carpet, of course i would love to replace with seadek but i have not been able to find good info on how to work with it. If you guys can post some pics of your under gunwals and some install info for ideas i would really appreciate it. 

Eli

Still have the old carpet.  If I had the $ would do SeaDek for looks & added quiet.  Call Tyler (or staff) at Castaway Customs for the SeaDek.  Or you might call SeaDek as they probably already have pattern.  If I was doing carpet, would get carpet for trailer bunk, the rolls do come wide enough..  measure carefully, cut and liberally use contact cement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eli, you can replace your undergunnels with 2 color Seadek for $300 no logo/$350 with logo. You can email me at the shop, Matt@castawaycustoms.com. We have that template. I'll send you a PDF that I'll need a few key measurements on (all boats are different) and I'll include all of our texture/color options. 

My direct line is 321-537-1640. I'm there 8:30-4:30 M-F

I went with Hydroturf. It cost $58 per sheet on Amazon. I bought 2 sheets. I had enough to do both sides and wrap the livewell with 1/2 a sheet left over. It's super easy to keep clean and won't hold sand and dirt like the carpet. It dries instantly as well. It's not hard to install once you get the first piece in, you'll get the hang of it. I'd be happy to give you more detail if you're interested. 

Under.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I did seadek for my 94 Lappy.  I got by with 1 sheet (large sheet).  I measured the height in the bow and the height in the stern (under gunnel) and cut the sheet at that angle so I could use the precut sides for the bottom.  Stick it on good and screw your rod holders back on.  I think I spent $150.  Awall's hudroturf install looks just as good and cost a little less though.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I went the custom two color seadek route with logos when I replaced mine myself. It took a few months going through the pattern/template and adjustment process with seadek, but with a little patience they were great to work with and I’m very happy with the end result. The custom route is a lot more expensive than the sheet material, but it looks sharp and fit perfectly.

2224959C-4FBF-4DA7-81CB-829D94FE4C49.jpeg

CA1DDC1C-B2CD-4A0D-B8D1-E196ED57E2AB.jpeg

Archived