JP

VsteveV

I spent about half the day on the water tweaking, adjusting and trial and error. Best performance I could get, and it still caused bow rise, was plate all the way down and trimed all the way down. I still think there is still too much rise. And with the live well full and 2 adults with minimum gear, it really struggled to get on plane.

I would follow Mulligan's advice and try plugging the ports on the prop first.  Prop venting is not necessary with a 4-stroke anyway.  As far as drilling more holes in your new jack plate - I would try all other options and test other props before doing that.  There's also a chance that your hydraulic steering unit will not have enough clearance on the transom to tilt your motor, if you drill new holes in the JP as well.

Ive had the SCD before porting and when i had junker refurbish i had the ports done. I will admit that it had slight hole shot improvement,  but nothing to drool over. I did notice after the porting the motor did spin up the rpm,s faster but that was about it. Whats the best/temporary way t1o cover those port holes while i test it? And what a different prop fair  better?

I have fill ports by using marine Tex or JB Weld.  Just put some tape on the inside of the hub then fill the hole. Sand the  excess off. Then if you want you can drill one or all the ports out to  achieve the holeshot you want. 

I have not ran a setup like yours so I can't help with props. I will say it sounds like you are fighting a couple of things, bow rise and grip. On one hand the prop you are running should help with bow rise and  porpoiseing but I would think that it would not be the best to run with a jp due to it not liking elevation and trim. A call to Marcus at PowerTech might be in order or Ken at Prop Gods might be able to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I had the scd redone and more cup was added. it does run a little better, but still not what I was expecting. No matter how I trim, position the plate , or tabs, I still get quite a bit of bow rise and a sluggish hole shot (even more sluggish with the livewell full) Is it worth trying a different prop, like the spitfire? Or learn to deal with it? Quite honestly I'm tired of trying to make this f115 something it isn't, so I'm tossing around the idea of re powering. the f115 runs great it just isn't enough umph for my liking and it just makes sense  to me to trade it in while it still has some value. Unless I hit the lotto, I'm likely to get something used but it Seems that most other options I've seen have the f150, but the e tech sure looks appealing. Looking for some opinions. 

Archived