115 hp vs 150 hp

45 minutes ago, conocean said:

In this instance my shirt would say: "I don't give a sh!t who's right....this is my experience."  xD 

I am serious about this you could make some serious money with that on a t shirt . I would buy one for me and my wife and my son and his wife. Let me know when you start taking orders. Joe R

• 4 weeks later...

I almost made a big repower mistake on my 20ft lt .  Changed out a 150 pro-v and almost put a 115 sho on it.  Strongly advised against by this forum and went with the 150 4 stroke,and boy am I glad.  The right power allows you to go either end of the speed specter with ease.  I like cruising at 4000 rpms and high 30's speed. leisurely working the engine.  If you put the hammer down you have the speed.

• 2 years later...
On 6/20/2017 at 12:45 PM, dabear said:

The boat does draft a little less with the SHO 115.  I would guess about a 2 inch change. If you are a speed demon you will want to ride in both to see which combo is for you. I would say you will drop about 10 MPH go from about 63 to about 53. Both ride great. With two people both have great hole shots. Add more than two people and you will notice both the hole shot and top end speed changes  with the 115 more than it did with the 150. Both set ups are great . It's a trade off more speed and hp  a little less draft . Less draft less speed. Hope this helps . If you have not rode in the HPX with a 150 and rode in the SHO 115  HPX you may think that it is hauling but at 53 or so MPH , but if you rode in the 150 set up correct  running 63 or so MPH you may miss that speed. Hope this helps Joe R

How much of a difference do you think? I’m in the market for a 18 hpx myself and I’m told guides that run 3 people want have the 150 as I’m trying to stay in the 115 class.