Cooler on deck.

OldestCityLocal

Old City, I use Kennedy bases and the Yeti 1" straps. Kennedy seems to have a bit lower profile than the Yeti system. I use their threaded base and T bolt set up. Mine has Sea Dek so it doesn't slip but have friends who has his same way but no Sea Dek and the rubber feet hold it solid. 

IMG_0436.jpg

I had just set mine in the front deck and put it back in the cockpit for long runs.  but I have an HPX and didn not want to attack anything to the thin deck.  I have since added a casting platform I have not yet used..  but you need to consider how often you will use without cooler and if the mounting equipment will get in you way.  I am almost 100% fly and clean deck is number 1 to me.  just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I also want to put a Yeti on my 18 HPX.  Not sure why everything is a challenge.  And...I am not sure who’s website is worse, Yeti’s or MBG’ s.  I think I want a 35 gallon Yet, SeaDeck pad, straps ( should I use the Yeti straps?) and I think the feet that raise the cooler off the deck.  Does this sound about right?

Spencer