Backing plate for powerpole

MPFit

Hi guys! So I got a powerpole for xmas. It's the sportsman 2. I called and got a very helpful email from hewes about the correct location to mount it. They have the mounting bracket listed at 7"x 8" however my bracket is smaller at 5" x 6". I can't find the 2006 manual online anywhere; or info on the backing plate size. Is it the 8x8 plate that is on the newer models? (Only manual I can find is for 2014 model year). If so, where does it start and end so I can map it out; I need to mount the pole about an inch lower than what the email suggested for garage clearance. It won't be a problem as my bracket is smaller however I'd like to be sure about the size and location of the backing plate.

thanks guys!

That is my belief yes. Per this manual here (2014 model year; only one I can find) look under power pole page. Unfortunately I can't find any info on the 2006 manuals. I got this email from an extremely helpful man at Hewes when I called; but it isn't the right powerpole bracket dimensions and I'm looking to see the size of the backing plate;

http://hewes.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/Hewes-Redfisher-18.pdf

IMG_3965.JPG

56 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

are you saying there is a glassed in backing plate on the transom same as for the trolling motor on the bow. if so when did they start doing this and is it on the bay boats also. thanks, fin ^_^

Yes, not sure when they started.

This is right out of the 2012 manual: Power Poles Power Poles come as an option with the Pathfinder 2200 TRS and give the boat operator the ability to quickly and quietly stop the boat while in shallow water. Whether you want to enjoy a view, or you’ve stumbled upon a group of tailing redfish, the power pole will stop the boat quickly and easily. Please refer to the Power Pole owner’s manual for operational and mechanical information. The 2200 TRS comes with 6” aluminum backing plates on the transom of the boat which are built into the boat at the factory and allow for the secure installation of a power pole. Refer to the diagram below for aluminum plate locations. If you want to install a Power Pole after your boat has left the factory, please take your boat to your nearest Pathfinder dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one in my 12 micro.  I called they factory and they told me where it was.  I have no visible access to my transom so I would have never seen it.  if you can see the inside of the transom it should be visibly obvious. 

I drilled and tapped mine no issue.   it seems to be 6000 series aluminum which is as basically as stron as the bolts in 304 stainless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived