1998 Redfisher 19

white rocket

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome. I am going to take my prop off depending on weather in the next couple of days to see what the numbers are and I will let you know what I have. I am anxious to what you find out about yours too. Thanks again for all the information. I need to get a new tach and speedometer gauges so I can read the figures so I can have all the info when I try to run wot.

check on ebay for the gauges. If yours is a stock prop, you may have to take it to a marine shop to figure out the pitch. Or maybe some one on here knows how to measure the angles. I would suggest taking it off today, as we are going to get rocked for the next 48 hours. It, whatever it is, is coming across Pine Island now. Wind, thunder, rain and very black skies.

I can give you some information on where I had it done but I will have to wait till the weather breaks before I can give you some pictures. I hope that will be ok. I had it built by Blue Point Fabrications which is located in Titusville. This is their web site: http://www.bluepointfabrication.com/

If you go to the website you can see a picture of the seat back and it looks like it is on a Hewes boat. The fittings that the seat back slide into are just like your fuel fill fitting on your boat. So they come with a screw on cap just like your fuel filler does. This is nice because you can seal the deck from water getting into your dry storage box under your seat. When I take them off I just store them away in my dry storage. Under the deck there is a metal cylinder just like a rod holder would have. This is very heavy duty. I has rubber liner inside that the seat back slides into. The 2 arms or legs on the upolstered back rest swivel so when removed they can be folded in line with the back rest which makes them easier to store. I had this done last Friday. It took them about a week to have the back rest made to the width you want. I had them make the width of mine the same width as the dry storage hatch you sit on which is 53 inches wide. The total price including installation was $530.00 and that is tax included. Man am I long winded or what. :o

If you have any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

Frank

Too funny - last day of work for your entire life - and they punish you one last time because your last name starts with a letter near the end of the alphabet.

It will only make retirement sweeter! Congrats again ...

By the way ... 1-1/6" socket w/ short extension - wood block between prop tip and cavitation plate.

That is very nice. makes me think I might want to that instead of seats. That back rest could fit in a rod locker to clear the rear deck for fishing and then when it's time to go home, pull it out and put the rods away.

Probably cost about the same too.

PS: You didn't mention if the fishing was any good?

You know I thought of putting 3 seats in too but I was afraid of adding to much weight to the dry storage lid plus like you said if you want to use the rear deck to fish you can remove it and store it out of the way where you couldn't do that with seats. Plus it is easy to remove and store inside.

Now you said what about the fishing? Well it started out great. 67 degrees @ 6:30 AM and I had to put a wind breaker on for the ride out in the dark. First two casts caught trout but only 13". Then the sun came up and Me and the boat were covered in love bugs so the rest of the morning they bugged the tar out of me. I caught a good number of trout but no size. I was using artificial top water with Pro Cure mullet scent on them. The weather was great with a beautiful sunrise. I had a great time. Also on the way in the water was gl***y so I put the pedal to the metal and opened her up....wow. I did see 5600 rpm on the tack but couldn't see the speed but there wasn't anything p***ing me... :content:

I am happy your shake down cruise went well. Nothing like a little WOT to shake of some love bugs. If I want to open mine up, I have to get out of Matlacha and run up to Charlotte Harbor or over to Boca Grande. The P*** has a speed limit all the way to the north end of Pine Island.

I am having the lower unit resealed Monday and I need to go shake the cobb off before my sons come down on the 11th.

I pulled the prop this morning (Sunday). Stamped on the front inside hub was Y14 1/4 X 21 Turbo. Just wanted to let you know. I went fishing yesterday and on my way in the water was like gl***, well I opened her up...Wow is all I can say. With my gauges very hard to read I did see 5600 RPM and could not read the speedo. Let me just say there wasn't anyone p***ing me. What a ride. Woo Hoo !!!!

Same prop as mine. Do you need to go faster? I like my 21 as it is quick, doesn't slip much, gets me up fast and is good on fuel.

The 23 is going to make your engine work harder.

Remember, most of the people with the 23 pitch props have 200s or 250s.

With a light load and trimmed right, you should be 60 mph minimum witht that prop. It pushes my heavier MA21 58-60mph with a medium load.

Do you have a GPS? If you can't read your speedo, set your GPS to show speed. They are easier to read and pretty accurate.

Archived