1998 Redfisher 19

white rocket

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standard Yamaha stainless props are painted black, the "Pro Series" has the word "Pro" on the hub, and the "Saltwater Series II" says "Yamaha" on the hub so it could be the Yamaha "Performance 3-blade" series for the 175, which has no lettering on the hub:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/286/1194/8496/all/1/3969/0/detail.aspx

or a replacement or it is the standard black Yamaha stainless prop that the prop shop buffed ut.

RNR,

They have trim tabs under those panels you see on the stern. This boat is set up allot like my MA 21 just narrower and of course a few feet shorter. I have the same engine and a 23 pitch three blade and it pushes it over 60 with a couple of guys, three batteries,TM and allot of gear.

Mine only has a "21-M" stamped on the barrel. I am having the lower unit resealed tomorrow. I will see if there are any numbers/markings on the face side. I can tell you it is SS, and has some cupping and appears it could be progressive. I am sure the Yamaha Mechanic can tell me.

Again, nice pictures of a great boat. Till tomorrow!

How do you misload a grease gun :confused: I hope the Yamaha guy can give me some insight. I have been thinking of sending it to Funky Monkey or a local prop shop to clean up a couple dings and tell me what it is, and maybe who makes it.

I was going to reseal the lower unit myself, but I don't have the tools I had when I lived up in Michigan, and my next door neighbor was a mechanical genuis. Too expensive and too critical of a part to chance.

My ex just had to have the tools as part of the settlement. Married 25 years and never saw her lift a hammer...can you say revenge }:(

There have been a couple of good deals on the forum lately on some power tech three blade props. I want to pick up a spare or replace mine, get it tuned and keep it for the back up. Like you I am not a 100% sure what I have, but it has been a good prop. Little slip, good on gas, gets up and on plane vey quickly. If I get the numbers off mine, either mfg #s of actual numbers, diam. pitch, etc. I will let you know.

I take it you do some b*** fishing too. Could help but, notice background of pictures and what appears to be b*** rods in your rod holders.

I put the grease in the grease gun the same way the 1st time. My father just watched a while, then broke out laughing and showed me (again) how to do it. Needless to say, I learned a lesson about listening!

If you do replace the prop, consider a 23 Mirage - it would be perfect for that boat. I have one on my 200, and we tried it on a 21 Maverick with a 225 - and it was amazing.

They're $800 or more, but I've found them for $150 or less on eBay or Craigslist. I have 3: (2) 23''s and a 25 pitch, along with several stock props, choppers, cleavers, etc. but the Mirage is the winner. I dumped the others after finding/running the Mirage.

Try these searches:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mirage+prop*&_sacat=0&_dmpt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&_odkw=mirage+prop&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

http://www.google.com/search?q=mirage+prop+OR+propelleor+2010-sep+site%3ACraigslist.org&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=mozilla&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

I was following the thread and after looking at RNR's craig's list and ebay links. I went to ebay and looked at Yamaha props. There is a Yammy prop called a 21-M. So, I apparently have a 14 3/4 x 21 yamaha ss prop. There is a very clean looking one right now on e-bay with a base bid of $100.00 that is available for a day plus some hours with no bids. No visable nicks, burrs or scratches.

Squid you are too funny. :D When I went looking for the best flats boat I wanted one that would get me up quick and get me around quicker. Guess what? I found it...lol. It's a great feeling too. Now I just want to bring it back to it's new condition and take care of it. It was my present for my retirement and I will be there in 4 more days. I hope to be able to go to the OT next year and meet all the nice people on here.

YIKES. i guess... making long runs, the speed would sure come in handy, but i don't care to go much over 50 in boats (that i'm driving, at least)...

having a 19 that would cruise at 45-50 would be so cool... having it jump up in a boat length in 12" of water is cool also. :)

seriously, if i ever move back to pensacola, i'll sell this tunnel and get me a 19v lappy. big TM, and good hole shot and about 55mph... perfect. :)

texas is a different world. gotta be able to make it over that 'emergency' bar to get out of a low tide :cool:

is it just me, but is the 19v the sexy, tall blond lappy?

where is ebony mule when you need him???

Archived