New to me 2200 trs

HoneyB

New to me 2012, 2200 trs. I have a lot of questions. that I a trying to search out answers for. I am impressed with the boat. it is well built and well i have found it to be a very dry ride thus far. the I pilot on this boat is the best thing i have ever had on a boat. My wife says hands down the best part of the boat is the trolling motor.  The boat does seem like it wants to porpoise too easily. I am looking around here and other places to determining if others feel the same way about this hull.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0541.PNG

Thanks guys . Yes learning where the backplate likes to run is on the top of the list. The boat feels like it's so high out of the water when running that  one bump of the trim seems to cause the boat to porpoise. I am moving batteries to the console. I will get things set where I want them first. . I do know this boat stays on plane at slower speeds than any I have owned. Also as stated above I think it is a very dry center console. I am really supprised there is not more chatter on the web about how dry these boats are. 

• 4 months later...

I have been wanting to post my feelings on the New to me Pathfinder. I did not want to start a new thread in a room full of guys who already know what i am learning. I decided to update this thread. 

I took my boat to Fl. for a couple of days of fishing. I have been going to Steinhatchee Fl. every year for at least 15 years. I have owned a lot of boats. the longest being a 20 foot Boston Whaler Outrage. The two best boats i ever ran down there was probably my 15 whaler and my 17 EdgeWater. That being said, this 2200TRS is so much better than any of those boats It is in an entirely different league. I ran out of the river and got behind a big slow boat. I wanted to just see how slow I could run so i pulled back on the throttle. I was able to stay on plane at 19mph with very little tab deployed. Toward the end of the river I turned north into Deadmans bay. The water was as always quite choppy 1 to 2 footers close together. I had the jack plate all the way down and eased the speed up to plus or minus 30mph by a couple mph. This boat just makes little out of much in terms of stretching over the chop. I ran at a comfortable speed as i did have my wife and 10 year old son with me. The boat was so smooth I just struggle to find words to describe how impressed I am. I find the boat to be extremely Dry. The wind was blowing the entire time we were there and i got a small mist on my elbow one time. Once I pulled back on the throttle to let the boat settle i announced this is where we will start fishing. My wife asked how fast i was running. She said was it like about the same as we normally run. I said yes around 30 and she said her and my son were discussing that it felt much slower and smoother than any boat we had ever had. 

To make a short story long.... My goodness I love this boat. I can not imagine how good the 24' 25 and 26 footers must run. If anyone thinks   they have a boat that can handle the chop they need to run it in the gulf. I have and i know this boat is a pure pleasure to run. The Pathfinder Eats up a chop and make the ride comfortable and dry. 

One thing I will add as a Negative is tow gunnel mount rod holders is not enough. I will add two forward of the console and two on the stern. But as far as the boat on the water,,, OH MY GOODNESS,,, This is the best boat I have ever owned or ridden on, in this size.

The new prop seems to be pretty awesome. I did not bother trying to get WOT numbers due to a couple of factors. The biggest factor being Mom and son were in the boat. She does not enjoy 50mph quite as much as I do. What i did notice about the prop was that the boat ran higher out of the water. With the first prop I ran, the power tech, I was a bit disappointed as to how far forward the spray was when on plan. It was about even with the front of the console. With this one it felt the boat was much higher out of the water and with very little trim from the motor. the spray was coming out back by the helm area as i would like to see. 

The 34mph that i ran nicely down the river was at about 3100 rpm... i did learn some things about raising the jack plate was not directly correlated with speed. as i raised the motor the rpm came up 200 but the speed did not really change. 

• 2 weeks later...

yes two more on the stern are the next order of business. I am torn on what to buy. I want 4 that match so either i check into buying two from Pathfinder or buy four from someone like gemlux. I am only concerned with replacing the two gunnel mounts as i do not know how they are mounted. I can not get to the back of them in the TRS so if there is a backing plate that falls i am screwed. If the new ones require different hole pattern or do not cover the existing mount, well you get the picture. I think buying two that match is the best thing to do actually. I am not going to Knock the built by people that fish slogan but they must spend a lot of time with there rods in there hands LOL!

by the way see other post on cup holder/rod holder added...

Archived