Upgrading trolling motor co-pilot vs I-pilots vs I-pilot link. 70 vs 80

OldestCityLocal

Going to be upgrading my trolling motor as mine has just blown up. Looking into getting a I pilot or a co pilot minn Kota. Either the 70 lb or the 80lb but don't know if the extra 3-400$ is worth it. And the auto stow and deploy is outta my price range looking at 1000-1700$. Thanks local guy here in Saint Augustine says he can get a riptide terrova 80lb I pilot 54" for about 1500$. Good deal or pass?  Thanks guys. 

I'm supposed to be buying a boat tomorrow with an 80 copilot. If I do, I will be selling it if you are interested since I already have an ipilot in my garage. 

IMO the only advantage of an ipilot is spotlock, the navigation feature on the copilot and ipilot is why I have a remote trolling motor. Ipilot link to me is useless. 

Ulterra is nice but just more to break. I may order one and then have my regular ipilot as a spare. 

7 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

I'm supposed to be buying a boat tomorrow with an 80 copilot. If I do, I will be selling it if you are interested since I already have an ipilot in my garage. 

IMO the only advantage of an ipilot is spotlock, the navigation feature on the copilot and ipilot is why I have a remote trolling motor. Ipilot link to me is useless. 

Ulterra is nice but just more to break. I may order one and then have my regular ipilot as a spare. 

Good luck with the boat. And let me know if you want to sell the 80 co pilot. Thanks 

15 hours ago, rubble said:

Larry, are you using an Hbird with your Ulterra iPilot Link?

Have not learned all the features yet. All new to me. Mine is latest gen with the Bluetooth puck. 

Honestly I wanted it for the deploy-sto-trim-steer feature. Everything else it does will be lagniappe  

4 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Got the boat, ill sell the copilot for 750. Its an 80lb thrust and looks to be somewhat new, or at least in decent condition. If interested my number is 727 902 8784

Hey I'm sry but I didn't know until I did some research that it didn't have spot lock or the jog program. Again sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Archived