Summer and Fall misc.

pondfisher

Haven't posted in a while but thought I'd share a few pics from some summer and early fall fresh and salt work.

Summer rain spillway bass (The heavy summer rains created a non-stop bass bite for light weight fly action at the spillways).

IMG_4475_zpsn7l4iklw.jpg

Late summer meat trip (Misc. bag-o-meat to keep the freezer stocked).

IMG_4588_zps1w8zynle.jpg

Early fall false albacore (My favorite time of year... the speedsters return to the bay and rip off a hundred yards of your backing in 10 seconds!).

IMG_4654_zpsiaujdm9l.jpg

Early fall false albacore (If the bay anchovies are there, they will come in mass).

IMG_4655_zps3gydeil7.jpg

Scum pond jurassic bluegills (Some of our local retention ponds have monster bluegills.  Just don't eat them!).

IMG_5003_zps7ky9njcf.jpg

Scum pond jurassic bluegills (Too bad you can't eat them because some of these slabs would give you two big sandwiches).

IMG_4884_zps77nlu36g.jpg

Scum pond jurassic bluegills (These slab gills fight hard on a 3 and 4 wt. fly rod).

IMG_4869_zpswzjxbqve.jpg

Spanish Macks (Early fall means spanish macks off the beach and drag screaming fun. Then onto the smoker).

IMG_5084_zpsb8epujkt.jpg

Spanish Macks (Tons of meat for the smoker in preparation for Raquel's famous fish spread.  It's GOOD!).

IMG_5091_zpso7sio7vp.jpg

On 11/20/2016 at 8:05 PM, MPFit said:

Looks like a blast!

Are those Howler Bros shirts? I got one of their Matagorda shirts- it's fantastic. 

MPFit,

Yes it's a Howler Brothers shirt.  About all I wear these days.  Their best fishing shirt is the Pescadora. Light weight, very cool, super good construction, pearl snaps instead of buttons, giant front pockets, etc. 

Archived