Birds of a Feather Flock Together - So do da reds :)

Got out with a buddy from Guatemala who came over to fish with me...

Incoming tide came in a bit faster than expected...so, we headed way south to find some friends...

6 reds (little rats) and then a nice snook on the bank on a ladyfish chunk.....

On the way back, I stopped at my outgoing spot...and found a few nice reds that went home for dinner...and the best prize was a flock of white pelicans on Duck Rock...

We stopped to take some pics .....great day on the water....10 reds, two to the box, and one snook that went home to grow a bit....ugggh 27"

30898286426_e9ee0c5f73_k.jpgcali choko-2 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30817918352_5bd4e5e1ed_k.jpgcali choko-7 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30817918882_18ec6cc9ab_k.jpgcali choko-6 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30817920072_9cfccd632b_k.jpgcali choko-5 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30898285076_1bc6a157b3_k.jpgcali choko-4 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

30817921492_0e9d94fec1_k.jpgcali choko-3 by Dino Cardelli, on Flickr

14 hours ago, JNW said:

Did you notice that the bird taking flight has a leg band? Interesting. I wonder how those are tracked?

14 hours ago, JNW said:

Did you notice that the bird taking flight has a leg band? Interesting. I wonder how those are tracked?

No i did not ....great eyes...i'll blow it up and see what's up :)

dc

These pictures are great!  I kinda think they aren't taken with a smart phone.  HAHA.  The detail, even when blown up, is crazy good. 

Those white pelicans are beautiful birds.  I am sure I've probably seen them way down south sometime in my past, but I sure don't remember them.  I had to wiki them.  Basically, the 2nd largest bird in North America.  WOW.

18 minutes ago, JEM said:

These pictures are great!  I kinda think they aren't taken with a smart phone.  HAHA.  The detail, even when blown up, is crazy good. 

Those white pelicans are beautiful birds.  I am sure I've probably seen them way down south sometime in my past, but I sure don't remember them.  I had to wiki them.  Basically, the 2nd largest bird in North America.  WOW.

Nikon D700 with a Sigma 70-200 2.8 .

Nice combo...thanks for the compliments.

dc

Archived