hows the fishing in charleston late november?

hawk232

I have always wanted to go to Charleston, both the town and the fishing look awesome. I am thinking of heading that way for thanksgiving. How is the fishing that time of year? Any recommendations on somewhere to stay where the boat would be safe? I have looked for places on the water with slips and rooms but apparently thats non-existent???

Fishing in the fall is great. Ripley light marina has a hotel right there and sits across the river from the historic part of the city. 

In Mt Pleasant you have Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina.  It is just down from the Yorktown and looks across the harbor to the city as well.  There's a golf course there and maybe a water taxi that runs to the city (not sure if it's still running).  The view from this area is better than Ripley Light.  

I'm sure Charleston is just like Savannah and coastal Georgia, but this is prime inshore time, from October through December.  Depending on the winter and water temp, it can go on into January.  This time of year, you are pretty assured of catching fish if you go with your smaller tides and slack wind!  Definitely check the tide charts and plan your trips in between your full and new moons.

Archived