Sign in to follow this  
slyshon

For all of you that fish!

Very interesting article about how our public resource is being taken away and privatized to be benefit of a few and how the EDF is really a shill for corporations who benefit from this privatization. Sorry for the length but if you want to know what's going on in today's Federal fisheries management, you need to read this from beginning to end.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/10/edf_how_a_rogue_environmental.html

• Like 2

More of the same from a federal government that wants more and more control of everything, and always to the benefit of the few.  Thanks for posting.  The dishonesty and manipulation of these groups is Machiavellian

• Like 1

Not getting any better. It is bad enough to read this stuff but having to listen to the EDF crowd at these fishery meetings in person makes me leave my carry weapon at home.

They are really after the for hire fleet now. I have blue sheets laying on my desk right now for upcoming proposals. Possible catch shares and electronic monitoring of my vessel is coming to include a call in to leave port and a mandatory call in before hitting the dock when chartering.

I foresee a shrinking of the charter fleet and a monopoly controlled by EDF operated corporations. Just like they have done with commercial fishing.}:(

I'm sure Mr Deal has had some real interesting conversations the last couple of years and most likely knows how deeply entrenched these envrio groups are in the management process.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 5:20 PM, whichwaysup said:

More of the same from a federal government that wants more and more control of everything, and always to the benefit of the few.  Thanks for posting.  The dishonesty and manipulation of these groups is Machiavellian

Remind me to never play Scrable with this guy ^^^. Lol 

• Like 2

For the record, I had to do two weeks of research to come up with those three sentences, and I have absolutely no idea if I spelled Machiavellian correctly (whoever that dude is).  But I did feel very smart after I typed it . . . until I realized I didn't know what it meant.

On 10/12/2016 at 2:21 PM, slyshon said:

Very interesting article about how our public resource is being taken away and privatized to be benefit of a few and how the EDF is really a shill for corporations who benefit from this privatization. Sorry for the length but if you want to know what's going on in today's Federal fisheries management, you need to read this from beginning to end.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2016/10/edf_how_a_rogue_environmental.html

Great article. Thank you for sharing.