Fulton Jack issues??

whichwaysup

Hey all - 

I replaced my trailer jack about a year ago, I actually think it was less than that, with a Fulton xp10 model jack.  Since I've been working to restore the boat and trailer, I was keen to keep corrosion off of this thing and keep it working nicely.   A year later, I have a rusted out piece of equipment with stripped out gears and a frozen bearing that I can't get into to grease.

Has anyone else had trouble with these?  I've had boats and boat trailers (and therefore trailer jacks) about all of my life, and I've never seen one deteriorate or break this quickly.  I called Fulton but they tell me I need to send the jack back to them in order for them to stand behind the product - I'm not spending $20 in shipping and waiting a month to use my boat.  I sent pics, and I'm trying to track down the sales receipt, but so far, pretty unimpressed with the company.

For $40, I'll just go buy another one, but I want to see if this is an issue with the model before I do.  Anyone have any similar issues?   This model had a handy, dandy grease nipple that turned out to be worthless, because it doesn't get the grease down to the bearing that allows the wheel to remain stationary (not swivel) when you are cranking the handle.

Barring any of the above, is there a manufacturer that actually makes a decent, corrosion resistant jack?

I have had two Fulton jacks .

One had twin wheels .

Another had one massive wheel.

Both were over $100.

Both were garbage .

Gave em both away.

Dutton Lanson makes one ($50), that has ball bearings above the wheel so only the wheel pivots instead of the whole shaft spinning inside the housing .

Works great .

Will get model # if you want , When I get home .

Chock it up to experience and buy something from Dutton Lainson. I recently replaced my winch with one from Dutton Lainson and it's far superior to anything I've seen from Fulton recently. Fulton has been junk ever since they started making all these "high-speed, low-drag" jacks and winches. 

Archived