What's your battery set up?

justfish

The previous owner of my new to me boat set his wiring up a lil different than I'm familiar with. I have a 36v trolling motor and he has all accessories (bilge, lights, pumps) running off one of those batts and a dedicated starting battery in rear hatch.

In trying to keep it as light and simple as possible I'd rather not go with 5 batts (and I guess an ACR to charge the accessories one?) so am leaning toward putting accessories onto the starting battery as well like I always have.  I have always used a deep cycle batt as a starting and house battery and never had a problem, and with these new little lithium jump starters seem like even less of a concern... but I know some people like a dedicated starting battery so just kinda wondering how others are set up.  

My boat came from the factory just like you want to set yours up. All accessories run off the starting battery. The starting battery and one trolling motor battery are connected via the battery switch, so I can use the TM battery if the dedicated starting battery fails. My last bay boat was set-up the same way.

49 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

My boat came from the factory just like you want to set yours up. All accessories run off the starting battery. The starting battery and one trolling motor battery are connected via the battery switch, so I can use the TM battery if the dedicated starting battery fails. My last bay boat was set-up the same way.

Perfect, just what I wanted to hear thx!

Archived