Hewes 1997 Bayfisher Livewell Pump Replacement

AndyHewes1987

Any suggestions on how to replace/remove the livewell pump on a 1997 Hewes Bayfisher.

I have very little room to work .....Has anybody had this same problem?

Should I cut the splashwell, replace the small pie hole with a bigger hatch and try to access the pump from there?

Should I cut the sidewall on the holding tank and ty to access the pump from there?

Should I cut the bottom of the holding tank and try to access the pump from there?

I'm running out of ideas and just don't want to start cutting in the "blind".

Any help is appreciate.

Thanks.

image.jpeg

Spider Monkey.

Not really a good way to get in there. It is very difficult to find a hatch that will fit on the Bayfishers. Some models of MBC boats can use the TH marine hatches but I think I measured my splashwell and they were all too wide. I found a Rabud hatch that is 7x11 but only in black.

Mulligan is on to something. Don't assume you have to replace or put everything back like it was. Use your imagination and move stuff around so the next time things will be much easier to replace. Also use a pump with a replaceable motor cartridge so the next time you just have to replace the motor and not unthread the whole pump. I'm not familiar with the boat, so can't comment on the correct hatch, but there is nothing like elbow room.  

Archived