Just having a little fun-Favorite boat/motor combo

lurem

Hey guys/girls, Mulligan and I were having a conversation and talking about our favorite boat. So I would like to ask you...What is your favorite rig? It does not have to be a H/M/P product.

While we are at it throw in your favorite car!

I'll start us off...

Hewes 19' Lappy redfisher with 175 HP motor. (96-98, I believe) Sleek and fast!

28misqq.jpg

1967 Pontiac GTO hardtop or convertible

hwxtdx.jpg

dc

I've owned a few boats in my lifetime - too many.  I had an old Wagner tunnel hull that I loved, but no question that the ride and capability of my 18.5 MA takes the cake.  No question that the wide (i know, not very pole-able) flat's boat "look" just makes me happy.  

As for cars?   Give me a 4WD F150 any day of the week.  I love me some pick'em up truck.

whichwaysup,

I have the boat for you, fishing last week near Anclote, I saw a Maverick 17 with a 200 merc on the back. He was loading up at the ramp the same time as me. I was oogling his boat from afar. I'll bet that thing would move and be good in some rough water!

Something about a Conch 27 with a shroud and some old two strokes gives me tingles in good places for some reason. 

Lappy's, silver kings, even older action crafts and Pathys...for some reason older boats appeal to me more than new ones.  

Not so much for cars, big exception for this one: This was my Dads, and I'd love to buy it from my momma one day. Not sure there is a prettier car on the road, but maybe I'm biased. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Favorite car would have to be a Gen 2 Cadillac CTS-V sedan.  There's nothing like destroying sports cars with a four door! 

Hard to pick a favorite boat. I've owned many and love many.  Guess I'll have to pick by size! 

Favorite small boat is a Bob Dougherty designed 15' Whaler w/ OMC V4. I have owned 3. 

Favorite flats boat is a Gene Dubois 20' Lake and Bay W/ Merc 250xs

Favorite boat I've owned is a 1979 20' Mako CC with white trash OMC power. I will have another one day. Floats skinny, runs a 20" engine and decent in a bay type chop. 

Newest drool boat would have to be the new 25' Dorado bay boat W/ second station tower. 

If I won the lottery my vessel fleet would consist of: 18' Maverick HPX w/F90 / 34' Sea Vee CC w/triple F350's / 58' Merritt SF w/C-18 Cat's / 124' Broward MY w/C-32A Cat's.

Car of choice would have to be my late father's restored 1970 Corvette convertible: candy apple red, white top with too many engine & suspension mods to list.

Sense we are speaking in hypotheticals... I would like Maverick to build me a brand new full Kevlar Mirage II hull, with a HPX II cap / deck lay-out in all Bahama Blue.. New MERC 4 stroke 115 PRO XS on the back...

Tow vehicle: I'd like one of those Land rover trucks from the latest James Bond, But I want a turbo'd out Cummins diesel under the hood..

LR.jpg

My favorite all around boat so far was my sterling.

The most fun boat I've owned is one I have now which is a skeeter zx250 bass boat. It runs about 75 mph and requires driving skill at that speed. I enjoy the thrill of having to control the boat. 

I bet I would enjoy an hpx 18 or 23 has though, I wouldn't hesitate to own either 

6 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

My favorite all around boat so far was my sterling.

Wow, really? I've never heard a good thing about those boats from 3 different Sterling owners that went back to either a Pathfinder or Skeeter. Does Sterling have a web forum you can join?? xD (sorry I had to go there cuz the thread heading is- Just having a little fun)

1 hour ago, conocean said:

Wow, really? I've never heard a good thing about those boats from 3 different Sterling owners that went back to either a Pathfinder or Skeeter. Does Sterling have a web forum you can join?? xD (sorry I had to go there cuz the thread heading is- Just having a little fun)

Lol! I can only speak for the 22 sterling. I do hear the smaller ones can be wet. 

I own a skeeter bay and a skeeter bass boat. I thought I was going to snap the skeeter in half in a tournament a few weeks ago. It flexed and jarred so much it scared me to death! Makes you really appreciate boats that have a one piece feel.

Still looking for my favorite boat but pretty content with what I have now (17 HPXT). After winning the lottery I would add a large SeeVee for offshore fishing and diving and then a Gunboat 66 with a 15' HPX hanging off the davits to spend a few months each year exploring remote bonefish flats.

For autos I am very happy with my current toy - 2004 40th Anniversary Edition 911. Spent last weekend blasting around the Texas World Speedway roadcourse and still smiling four days later! Although I can't stop drooling every time I see a GT3 RS....

911 Left Rear R.jpg

3 hours ago, RobVan said:

Still looking for my favorite boat but pretty content with what I have now (17 HPXT). After winning the lottery I would add a large SeeVee for offshore fishing and diving and then a Gunboat 66 with a 15' HPX hanging off the davits to spend a few months each year exploring remote bonefish flats.

For autos I am very happy with my current toy - 2004 40th Anniversary Edition 911. Spent last weekend blasting around the Texas World Speedway roadcourse and still smiling four days later! Although I can't stop drooling every time I see a GT3 RS....

911 Left Rear R.jpg

Beautiful 996. Are you a PCA member? I think right now the 996 Turbo is one of the best buys in the car world. They are near the bottom on the deprecation curve and what you get for the price is outstanding. IMO right now two other vehicles that are good to buy and hold then sell in a few years are the gen1 viper and manual (gated shifter) ferrari 360. 

I must be getting older or maturing some, my favorite boat currently is my PF 2200  that is 100% paid for and I'll stick with the GMC crew cab 2500 w/ Duramax diesel and Allison trans....just saying 😎🎣🍺  there are so many nice bay boats now and super cool rides....I'm just gonna hang tight and see what this November election does to our USA. 

Have loved my 22v but would love one of the new 25 Hybrid.  As for cars, the baddest ride I ever had was a 1972 DeTomaso Painters with a 351 Cleveland, Edelbrock Torquer manifold, Holley dual feed 4 barrel carburetor with oversize headers and aftermarket quad exhaust. The stock ones were pretty fast and this one was scary fast  

If you don't know what it is, look it up.  I wish I had a photo to post and wish even more I had stuck it in a warehouse and never sold it.

Archived