Another boating accident, safety reminder

SeaVuPlay

Another reminder of speed and running at night....what a horrible accident.

I have run that inlet a dozen of  times over my life  and many times at night....it can be difficult to see the end of the rocks/channel.

There have been various crashes in the day as boaters have tried to cut it too close or misjudged...

I don't follow baseball....but, it appears this was someone who was a great person in the community....

Very sad...

dc

It is a shame these things happen.  I may be wrong but isn't there a lite red channel marker left of the breakwater?  I have not been through that inlet,but red right returning is basic navigation.

I'm sure an investigation is taking place with more information to come. Whatever it's a sad situation. 

Very sad indeed!! Was at the Trop for the Rays game back on May 26th and as luck would have it Jose was pitching. My favorite moment, above the fact he smoked us with like 12 strikeouts, was when he plunked the Ray's mascot with a pitch warming up before the game. Seems "Raymond" got too close to the bull pen and he hit him right in the back side, Jose was laughing like a little kid....like he always did.

This accident was truly awful and very avoidable. Prayers sent to the families left behind. Thankfully they didn't crash into another vessel and more people weren't hurt or killed.

I've fished Govt Cut (& Bear Cut) many times at night. Most of the center consoles I saw down there operated at full speed and I was always on edge, which is why I stopped going.

The more humans boating in an area, the higher the risk for an accident. Another reason why I spend 90% of my time on a boat in the Glades with nobody in sight.

Archived