2400TRS leans to port side

PMartin2400TRS

My 2015 2400TRS with 250 SHO HS4 15x21, leans slightly to the left (port) some when underway. I do not notice it leaning when still, just when getting on plane and while on plane. With a few clicks to the starboard side trim tab it levels out, but I feel like it shouldn't be like this. I have the same issue with a full tank of fuel vs half tank. Riding solo or with 3 people. I feel like I can't get my bow up enough in following seas with my starboard side tab down. 

I have noticed this since boat was new, but it may have gotten a little worse, or maybe it just bothers me more than it used to. I have read about prop torque possibly causing this, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I do not have a t-top. 5 batteries under the console. I never keep anything in the back port side livewell. I keep the ball valve closed and it's pretty dry. I thought maybe it was filling up with water, but it's good. There is no extra weight on the port side that I can find. 

Just curious what you guys think? I may try another prop, or have my mechanic go for a ride with me in the near future if I can't figure it out.

46 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I don't have trim tabs, but are you sure that one tab is not causing the lean? The indicator might show the tab in one position when in reality it's not. Can you check them while the boat is on the trailer to be sure they are correlated with the indicator.

I thought about that. It looks good on the trailer, but I will hop in the water and look at it this weekend. It would be nice if it were something simple. I do not have the lighted trim tab switch 

1 hour ago, JEM said:

Is the weight of your batts in the console centered?  Have you tried running without your trolling motor?  I assume the weight of your gear in the storage compartments is pretty well distributed evenly Port and starboard.

It seems pretty centered. If anything maybe more to the starboard side. But it sits evenly when still in the water, so I don't think it's an issue of weight distribution. All gear is evenly distributed. There's not much in there other than batteries under console. I will play with it this weekend and get back to you guys 

Archived