Top / Shade for my 18' Redfisher

Davej

Wanted to share the top I designed and had made for my 18' Redfisher. I didn't want mount the typical bimini top because I hate drilling holes in my boat.  Mounts in the two front rod holders, and stretches back to the poling platform. 60" wide. Gives the wife plenty of shade while I work the front deck. Narrow enough to move down both sides of the gunnels. Rods go in a 4 Rod Sea Sucker holder while its up. 

Top2.jpg

Top.jpg

On September 19, 2016 at 0:29 PM, Lap it Up said:

Cool idea.  Can you post some close up pics? 

Just place over bass seat post. Use with or without seat. Rod holder helps when landing fish. About $10 at Lowes. The top one has a rod holder made by adding a "y" and a short piece of flaired pvc. Flair the pvc by submersing the end in hot cooking oil for a few moments then press down over bottle for a moment then run under cold water.

image.jpeg

On September 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Fishtails said:

Just place over bass seat post. Use with or without seat. Rod holder helps when landing fish. About $10 at Lowes. The top one has a rod holder made by adding a "y" and a short piece of flaired pvc. Flair the pvc by submersing the end in hot cooking oil for a few moments then press down over bottle for a moment then run under cold water.

image.jpeg

Not real pretty, but works great.

Archived