Cheap boat mods

CG RYAN

Blue seas battery switch and combiner gives me charge on the go.  This is the starting battery and was moved from the starboard rear to the port side compartment under the passenger seat to offset the weight of the V4 and the side mounted console.  I am cleaning up the wiring this week.  I upgraded the tires from 13" 175's to 14" 205's for greater reserve capacity.  I had a backrest made.  They even matched the upholstery to the original Hewes seat cushions.  I added the grab handle.  Hewes was so impressed with my idea, they incorporated it into their later designs LOL.

thumb_PICT0337_1024.jpg

thumb_PICT0361_1024.jpg

thumb_PICT0341_1024.jpg

thumb_PICT0346 (Small)a_1024.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 115 Etec was NOT cheap, but check out the holder for my cheap removable attwood rod holder on the poling platform.  The original owner but that on there and I have never found a reason to replace it with something more expensive.  It just works.  The original bow light did not extend over the trolling motor.  This is a removable one from Perko.  The base has a rubber cover to keep the water out when you take out the light.  

thumb_PICT0234_1024.jpg

thumb_PICT0354_1024.jpg

Cheap mod: I removed my windshield and painted a black "boot stripe" on the inside of the windshield.  It helps hide the dead love bugs and other fine particles that accumulate between the windshield and console.  It also matches well with the not so cheap black powder coated leaning post and grab rail...

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived